PDA

View Full Version : Smoking again :/

Jennifer8907
03-08-13, 10:41
I stopped smoking for around a year now I have got anxiety it seems to be the only thing keeping me calm it's like a realise.. I dot won't to smoke long term again but it's helping me now and knowing I quit for that long I know I am strong enough to do it again but right now I feel it's what I need... Does anybody think that's a really bad idea?? I know smoking is bad for you I am not smoking loads maybe 5 a day the anxiety and stress I'm feeling is bad for you health also.. I feel so quilty smoking but it's calming me at the moment xx

semper solus
03-08-13, 12:59
Hiya

I suffer from H/A and general anxiety I smoked 10-15 fags a day for about 25 years then 2 years ago I woke up had a cup of tea and the usual fag in the morning and suddenly a thought came over me, I said to myself I don't really want this fag. I put it out and gave up there and then, I didn't use any patches or anything

Everybody is amazed that I gave up and to be honest so am I. I have realized the Anxiety was there when I smoked and is still there now.

What made you give up to start with???
Is there anything in particular that starts your Anxiety off??

Nik

skippy66
03-08-13, 13:16
I don't understand how anyone with health anxiety would ever smoke in the knowledge that it's scientifically proven to take years off your life. If that isn't enough motivation to quit then I don't know what is...

joelhall
03-08-13, 13:56
Yes it's a really bad idea, as nicotine increases the likelihood and severity of anxiety.

Magic
03-08-13, 14:04
Hi, Tis true what you say skippy. I have a smoking problem too.
In stressful times I head for the cigs.
I know they are ruining my health.
I dare not tell my GP.
I gave smoking up in 1998. Then started back again just over 2 years ago
when we had a lot of problems with a family member.
I can have 4 to 5 a day when at home outside.
If I am out shopping in town I can go all day without smoking, until
I get back home.
I sat in a car with someone who has cancer, just for a chat, as her husband
went into a shop. I felt awful as I had the cigs in my handbag .
Such a lovely woman. She has had so much treatment.
Has it made me give up??? No I am still at it.
I have bought Elites --3 sorts and still I cannot give up the real thing.
Trying my best:noangel:

Jennifer8907
03-08-13, 20:00
Ye I am worried about my health but the mind is a crazy thing sometimes and anxiety can lead people to do all kind of things including drinking what is also bad for your health I plan on quitting again soon and I know I can but right now it's like a release for me I know it is bad for my health like a lot of things can be thanks for every ones opinion much appreciated xx

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Hiya the thing that started my anxiety off is the mole I have on my back 2 doctors said it looks fine but I wouldn't believe them and it was really eating away at me :/ dermatoligist appointment next Wednesday I can't wait for it... I suffered with a bit of depression few years back so I just think my mind over reacts to certain things to much xx