PDA

View Full Version : Pain on the back of my head

JCRyanDenton
03-08-13, 11:24
Lately i have been getting this sharp but mostly irritating pain at the lower back of my head (sometimes right on top of the head), dunno if its connected to my rather strained neck muscles but the pain is really getting on my nerves and it started around a week or so ago.

Been worried it might be a brain tumor or something, could someone tell me if anyone knows what this is?

skippy66
03-08-13, 13:21
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure a brain tumour would present in other ways. Just get on with it - things like this come and go throughout your life with no apparent reason. The problem for HA sufferers is that we dwell on them and catastrophize minor symptoms.

I'm loathe to give you reassurance because reassurance-seeking is what health anxiety feeds off.

JCRyanDenton
03-08-13, 13:31
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure a brain tumour would present in other ways. Just get on with it - things like this come and go throughout your life with no apparent reason. The problem for HA sufferers is that we dwell on them and catastrophize minor symptoms.

I'm loathe to give you reassurance because reassurance-seeking is what health anxiety feeds off.

Im not having any other major symptoms, and the pain isn't constant and often occurs depending on random movements i make (but its very inconsistant). Im resting my head on my chair right now and i can't feel the pain. If i rub the area with the pain it amplifies, and somewhat calms it down.

anxious_thoughts
03-08-13, 20:30
I get that too!
I have brain tumour anxiety because of the symptoms I have and that is one of them. If I press on it it seems to hurt more. The thing with brain tumours is, the tumour is under your skull so even if you were to press on the area you wouldn't be able to feel pain. So I guess that's a good thing, it's probably just related to tense muscles in your neck or shoulders. :)

RVP
04-08-13, 01:08
my brain tumor anxiety was quite bad, but it's got a lot better now.
Over the past half a week I been getting sharp pain on the top and back of my head too.. It doesn't last long, maybe a couple of minutes maximum or a few seconds, and this has come out of nowhere. Oh and my brain tumor anxiety started around December time.
I think it could be sinus or maybe bad posture or even a migraine I don't know but I certainly ain't thinking it's a brain tumor anymore :P