PDA

View Full Version : I was sure I was a goner last night

jmummy
03-08-13, 13:22
Last night bout an hour after I went to sleep I woke up and felt like I couldn't breath, I literally could not take a breath I jumped out of bed and ran to my husband my heart was all over the place really racing, irregular, I was really really dizzy.

My vision was sort of blurry and at times double, it is hard to explain, My right side of my head was tingling with a electric feeling in it, which spread to the whole right side of my body, and a little but in my left side. This all lasted for about 10 to 12 minutes and started to calm down, the right side of my head still felt weird and like it was full afterwards but I did manage to get back to sleep about 2 hours later.

Today I have had the fullness feeling in the right side of my head and a headache on and off. I demanded to be taken to the ER last night I honest to god though it was the end for me, like I was having a seizure or something awful and was about to drop dead. I am so scared it will happen again. I don't know what it was, i was like no panic attack I have ever had.

Has anyone ever had anything like this. I have had littler episodes like this where I wake up very dizzy, my heart racing, and strange sensations in the right side of my head but nothing like last night, I have been worried for months I am having simple partial seizures in my sleep.

nomorepanic
03-08-13, 13:28
What did they say at ER?

jmummy
03-08-13, 13:31
sorry I forgot to add that to my horror my husband didn't take me to the ER he talked me through it until it settled down which I am glad about now because by the time I had of gotten there it would have stopped and I would have looked like a fool again.

stormborn
03-08-13, 13:33
When I first started my medication I woke up suddenly, feeling like there was a cloud of doom over me lol. When my dose was increased I would be falling asleep and my legs would start shaking for 2 or 3 seconds every few mins but gradually it went away. I used to worry that I was going to have a seizure because sometimes it would happen in my arms or hands too. It's very scary! I never had physical symptoms before my medication and I've never had a panic attack either. At first I didn't believe it could be the anxiety, my mind would be relaxed but my body wasn't. Try not to worry too much and talk to your doctor about it. I hope it stops for you. x

sedohrrelyt
03-08-13, 20:35
Yes, I've had all kind of physical sensations with my panic. Lately my attacks come on with my mouth and both arms (around my biceps) have this tingling/burning/electric sensation. I used to wake up and being in cold sweats, my heart pounding, and I would have to throw up. Those are the worse. Waking up in panics used to be my worse experiences with panic attacks and anxiety. I have fears of seizures and stuff like that to. I literally had times when I would lay on the floor shaking, in absolute panic begging my parents to take me to the ER convinced something was wrong an earlier this year I did go to the ER and all my test came back fine. Even though I didn't get a brain scan or anything because they didn't think it was necessary and I ended up with a 900 dollar bill that I couldn't pay because I'm 20 years old and I haven't been able to work due to my anxiety but what I recommend to everyone is acceptance. You have to fully accept that you have anxiety and panic attacks and instead of fighting the attacks or anxiety or both, like me. Accept it. Let it be. It's a natural body response. Look up Acceptance and Commitment and Mindfulness. Those are the ways through this but you really have to apply yourself to it.