PDA

View Full Version : Blood On Pillow This Morning

Edward_1980
03-08-13, 13:23
I don't know where it came from, but there was dry blood on my pillow this morning and it is sending me into pure panic. I was at my GP this morning. He checked my ears, my throat and my nose and nothing. He prescribed me .25mg Xanax (8) to help me relax because he saw the state I was in. I took one, but still feeling no better. I think my anxiety over ruled the pill. I'm in an awful way over it, and of course I started getting headaches the minute I saw the blood and convincing myself that I was in the early stages of a brain haemorrhage. I do feel a little relaxed after the pill, but still anxious over the blood. Where could it have come from? It must be either my nose, throat or ears.:shrug:

aggiecuttler
03-08-13, 20:08
how about teeth? maybe one of them lost some blood quite common, sure its all ok so dont panic i may be wrong here but if you had a brain heamorrhage i dont think to would cause bleeding from you externally dont panic blessings

sarahsarah
03-08-13, 20:56
Most likely is your nose. An occasional nose bleed is very common and very normal and not indicative of anything sinister xx

Elizzy
04-08-13, 03:07
I don't know where it came from, but there was dry blood on my pillow this morning and it is sending me into pure panic. I was at my GP this morning. He checked my ears, my throat and my nose and nothing. He prescribed me .25mg Xanax (8) to help me relax because he saw the state I was in. I took one, but still feeling no better. I think my anxiety over ruled the pill. I'm in an awful way over it, and of course I started getting headaches the minute I saw the blood and convincing myself that I was in the early stages of a brain haemorrhage. I do feel a little relaxed after the pill, but still anxious over the blood. Where could it have come from? It must be either my nose, throat or ears.:shrug:

Oh no. I guess it could be any of the three - it's often strange what can happen while we're asleep. I've found scratch marks on my skin in the morning - makes me wonder if we can panic and go into an attack while sleeping. I know have felt that "falling" sensation many times.

Well, I hope you find some answers that put your mind at ease.

Tigergirl
04-08-13, 06:24
Most likely to be from your mouth. You sleep with your mouth open (we all do). If you have even the tiniest inflammation in your gum, it can bleed, mix with saliva and get drooled out on to your pillow. This makes it look much worse than it is. Make sure you clean your teeth thoroughly - check whether you spit any blood out when you do. Get a medicated mouthwash and, if you can, see your dentist for a check up. Above all, try to keep calm ( I know it's not easy). If it was something serious, you would probably have other symptoms by now. :hugs:

Edward_1980
04-08-13, 10:32
I never thought of any of those guys. Stupid me went into a panic immediately and assumed the worst. Thanks for pointing out the obvious guys. Ye are very good on all fairness. And me rushing to the Doctor for Xanax to relax me thinking it was in face a brain hemorrhage. The things we think when we panic.