PDA

View Full Version : Weight worries :(

lashes
03-08-13, 15:38
Hiya I've been overweight for a long while , was on citalopram and put weight on I've now been on sertraline for 4 weeks and although j have not ate healthy I have stayed the same weight which is unusual for me i normally put weight in moat weeks if j eat badly , I asked the doctor and she was just like that's fine but I don't think she was listening really any ideas x

joelhall
03-08-13, 18:22
Weight is often a complicated issue. What people generally mean is that they are storing excess subcutaneous fat. However, the body adapts to any form of stress or stimulation put on it, and it's not unusual to stop gaining, or stop losing, fat and overall weight once the body has adjusted to changes in lifestyle. Over the years I've helped many people with fat loss, although often people prefer to dismiss the science in favour of the latest over-hyped diet, and the pseudo-science which goes with it. Annoying as this is one of the greatest avoidable causes of premature death and disease in the developed world.

If you would like any help or advice, let me know.

lashes
04-08-13, 11:14
Thankyou :) yes that would be great I'd really like to lose some I think it would really make me feel a lot better

purgatory
04-08-13, 11:44
Hello Lashes

I have always had a weight problem I was semi happy with my weight about 5 years ago and then I started to suffer from anxiety and then they put me on Pregabalin and my weight ballooned by over 2 stone :-0.

I have tried most diets have had xenical from the doctors that stopped working after 1 month and then I have done slim-fast and also a very low calorie diet (VLCD) where you take your calories to under 600 per day (My doctor says it is fine). And yes I lost about 11lbs doing that over 3 weeks but I have now come to a stand still.

So now I'm going to try something new and combine a VLCD and also the starvation diet... I need to kick start it all again and also since I have lost some weight I feel a lot better.

Must add the starvation diet is NOT where you don't eat at all it is were you decrease your calorie intake to an extreme level for 2 days a week but not 2 days in a row and on the other 5 days you eat a normal balanced diet..

I'm one to talk but I would never recommend extreme diets as they can harm your health it is a person preference and I know when I have reached my limit but as the doctors have given up I will try anything once.

KeeKee
04-08-13, 12:01
I am not yet overweight but 6 years ago I had my daughter and after I had her I was about 8 stone 4z now I am 10 stone and I have worked in quite a busy job during that time yet still gained weight. It's awful and I know it's like I am making excuses but I truly believe anti-depressants have caused my weight gain. My doctor agreed this is possible. Surely there is an anti depressant that doesn't cause weight gain.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

If you don't have a sweet tooth (like me!) slimming world is fantastic.
however it always fails for me as I have an extreme sweet tooth.