PDA

View Full Version : I can smile again...

Beabaker1983
03-08-13, 17:28
I came on here a few weeks ago after a period of debilitating panic attacks... I turned 30 a few months ago and i didn't want to have an issue with it but i knew i would... i went from my 'immortal' 20's to my 30's and to realising i am a mere mortal! (sounds silly i know)

I have always worried about death, dying and have health anxiety but I guess these thoughts coupled with feeling run down just made my body react to my mind!

I have had PA's at a few different stages of my life and have researched them so I know they can't hurt me, ( i struggle to always believe this when irrational) i think they do however sometimes come from my negative thinking styles and from letting the inner gremlin out of its dark place to wreak havoc over my mind...

What I wanted to day is I do think getting better is a learning experience, I thought my panic and churning tummy used to one from nowhere and just be spontaneous, now I know they are from the thoughts and things I tell myself when my mind chatters all day long! I feel one step ahead of them again now and I am able to reason with the gremlin better than a few weeks ago, progress is progress no matter how small. My churning tummy has now stopped which was the one symptom that I struggled with, I never let it stop me from carrying on with my daily routines as I have children to take care of and they had to come first.

What I wanted to say was I am able to smile now for many reasons...

. I don't feel alone and isolated anymore now I have found people like me here.
. I can and do take a great deal of comfort from reading other people's stories.
. I now know there is help to get better no matter how bad or how long I have suffered
. I have a pen pal who lives in a different country, I met her here and we share our thoughts often which gives us both support
. I just feel so lucky to have come through yet another storm the right way
. I can accept who I am and why I am here
. I know I will have setbacks and I need to work on that wretched gremlin but its nice to feel supported so thank you to everyone who reads this... It might sound a bit OTT but I am in a good place and u wanted to give thanks...

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

* just wanted to give thanks... Silly autocorrect :)

jill
03-08-13, 19:03
Hi hun :D:hugs:

It Great to hear you can smile again , WELL DONE :hugs:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

Beabaker1983
03-08-13, 23:08
:winks:Thank you flower

pickycricky
07-08-13, 23:21
It's such a HUGE relief when you start to come out of it and came actually think and smile again!! Glad you're better!!

Bonnibelle
08-08-13, 16:26
Glad you are smiling again. Well done x

Katie22
08-08-13, 16:38
So pleased you are smiling again, could do with you speaking to my son whose 30 and is going thro it at the moment, but wont come on here, thinks I should'nt either. But I've had lots of help and met wonderful people. Its a great site. Good luck for the future.

bagpuss75
08-08-13, 17:02
That's fantastic! I love to read about other people's success stories.
I'm currently battling with my gremlins, but I win out more often than not.

Beabaker1983
10-08-13, 12:32
It's a tough process, even though I have realised it will be there with me I now know I can come out of it just as successfully as all the other times... I don't wake up everyday feeling great and I do struggle still with the inner negative voice spilling out all the what it's but I am on the road to recovery again and that's what makes me smile...

Ally-SA
12-08-13, 13:20
Beeeeeaaaa! :D !!!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! :hugs: I am so proud of you - I cry! hehehe

I am starting with my CBT book today - and hope to feel better soon too. Today my tummy is churning - but I know it's just nerves for tomorrow. Oh - and I ate a cookie while out for coffee this morning... don't normally eat grains! lol Numpty. :doh:

So happy for you... Keep going girly girl! xx

chantelle
18-08-13, 23:19
well done.....delighted for you xxx