PDA

View Full Version : In need of friendship and understanding.

russell32
03-08-13, 17:37
Hi all,

My names Russell and I'm 32, well a bit about me. I have had panic attacks, GAD and some depression for the past 16/17 years which soon set off agoraphobia.

I have overcome allot of this using many different therapy's but do have flare ups from time to time.
I have never done this sort of thing before; but I am going through a living hell at the moment; having no friends, moving faraway from my children (Marlborough Wiltshire) because my 15 year relationship broke down due to my problems and the eventual suicide attempt (not my finest hour, silly boy)!

All of this has left me with real self worth issues, feelings of bad guilt plus quite bad depression.:doh:

If there is anyone that can relate to any of what I have said it would be a life save to have someone for mutual understanding to email, chat to or maybe even meet one day, as I'm soon to be very isolated!

Many thanks, Russell.:flowers:

Spot-the-frog
03-08-13, 17:45
Hey Russell :welcome:

Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. Are you getting any help at the moment from your GP?

You will find lots of help and support on here.

:bighug1:

Tessar
03-08-13, 21:59
Hello Russell. I'm sorry about the problems u have been experiencing. You really have come to the right place. People are lovely, so understanding. It can make such a difference to know u r not alone. For sure you will get understanding from members of NMP. Whilst people's stories will differ in detail from yours, underlying the detail will be feelings of empathy and an ability to offer support and relate to your difficulties in their own way.
As regards friendship, my experience of NMP has been that by contributing to threads, sharing my experiences & feelings with others... plus offering support and understanding, i have made friends.
I have found it a two-fold thing. In that when I have needed support & reassurance in the short term, people have responded in a really caring manner which has helped me at times when I have really felt alone & in need of help.
Also, off the back off all this, I have made some good friends in just a few months that i have been a member. So I wish you well and look forward to reading your posts too and being here to offer you support as well.