PDA

View Full Version : bad posture and chest aches and pains linked?

eddy1608
03-08-13, 18:18
i ve been having aches and pains in my chest for nearly a year now i ve had ekgs and bloodwork that was ok and the doctor and hospital always say its anxiety and thar cardiac pain wouldnt be constant all day every day like what i feel and i am only 24. i also get upper back pain and its also very tight because i sit hunched foward all the time and i see a massage therapist who said it could cause chest aches and muscle pain and aswell as me being anxious that just makes it worse. but i am not convinced so curious if anyone else has something similar to me.
cheers guys

jill
03-08-13, 18:39
Hi hun :D:hugs:

My friend who has anxiety and who has also had panic attacks has had the same symptoms as you, she has been the gp on many actions and her gp tells her its stress related.

I myself only get the upper back problem. its just in between my shoulder blades but slightly to the right, ohhh goodness, when it kicks off it is soo painful. I have had the symptoms a very long time. on and off, When I had a massage i was told I had a knot :ohmy: I never told her AT ALL about the problem I get from time to time.

I go myself one of those massage things, the ones you put on your chair, this does help elevate the problem. It still happens from time to time.

Hope this has helped even if its just knowing your not alone. Tension can cause lots of aches and pains, Learning how to relax can help.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

Freaked
03-08-13, 19:16
Yeah I get this and have always gotten pains when I run (less so with other activities). Had many heart work ups which were okay. I have a mild hunch at the top of my back and I think it might effect my ribcage/lung capacity. My centre of gravity is too far forward sort of. Definitely rounded shoulders does nothing for upper back/chest pain; since I got sick/HA I've had constant costochondritis.