PDA

View Full Version : Doing well

lofwyr
03-08-13, 18:37
Hey folks, had a bad run the past couple of months, but rounded out a doc appt on wednesday. Things are doing pretty well. My anxiety is gone, for now at least, and in its absence, all of my symptoms have gone away, pretty much telling when what I tried to tell myself all the time, that it was in fact NOT a terrible disease (unless you count HA) and in fact anxiety.

Remember, I have been where you are, and I am on the other side (for now. It comes and goes for me, sometimes weeks or days between, sometimes months or years). As a person who deals with HA for the past 22 years, I can tell you your symptoms ARE real, but they are almost surely caused by anxiety.

I just wish I could convince myself of that in the middle of an episode.

Good luck folks, all the best. Keep your head up. It will get better, even if it gets worse first.

SarahH
03-08-13, 20:43
Great! Nice to hear some good news:)

saab
03-08-13, 23:17
When we are feeling mentally well, we don't even notice the hundreds of little aches and pains that our bodies feel every day. When we feel anxious, we tune into every tiny sensation and assume the worst. As you say, so many symptoms are anxiety related like headaches, chest tightness, dizziness.

It's great that you are doing so well.