PDA

View Full Version : Great...worried about my heart again

JCRyanDenton
03-08-13, 22:14
So out of the blue, i felt this electrical (tingling) feeling on the left side of my chest (close to my armpit), and then i felt a sudden thud on my chest (can't tell if it was me doing it accidently or what) when my fan started to blow in my direction (wasn't facing the fan though).

This scared me and i am starting to worry again. Just when i calmed down about it too.

I didn't and don't feel any pain right now and my pulse feels fine.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

The thumping has been occurring less and less lately though, read up it was possibly due to magnesium deficiency so i started to eat more bananas, and hence it started to die down.

saab
03-08-13, 23:06
Although it's unhelpful in the long run to constantly seek reassurance, there is a great site called All Experts Cardiology where heart experts answer questions. I have found it very helpful in trying to come to terms with having loads of palpitations and understanding what certain physical sensations actually are.

I haven't read your other posts so not sure if you have had any tests, but if you are having palpitations you need to have them checked out. From what I have read, they are nearly always benign in people with structurally normal hearts.

JCRyanDenton
03-08-13, 23:10
Although it's unhelpful in the long run to constantly seek reassurance, there is a great site called All Experts Cardiology where heart experts answer questions. I have found it very helpful in trying to come to terms with having loads of palpitations and understanding what certain physical sensations actually are.

I haven't read your other posts so not sure if you have had any tests, but if you are having palpitations you need to have them checked out. From what I have read, they are nearly always benign in people with structurally normal hearts.

My heart beat and blood pressure is alright according to the doctors i have met, but at some point i will probably make sure a cardiologist sees it.

I wish i didn't have to do it on this site but i have so little to do during the day, yeah i know its not possible for someone to diagnose me but i want to know if others suffer the same thing, makes me feel a little more secure that way.