PDA

View Full Version : Well that was a wasted ticket........thanks panic attack

sammykaye
04-08-13, 09:34
Hi All

Im back again.

I was coping ok with panic attacks, Id learnt breathing techniques and was happy to report I hadnt had a serious panic attack in maybe a month - :yesyes:

until the 27th.
my friend brought 5 tickets to go to 'the summer sessions' concert - so I had the fifth ticket. Me and Kat both werent really in the mindset of going to the show though and we both openly admitted we werent excited or looking forward to it we were just going to not let our other friend down. we got there and it was my 2 best mates Kat and Kirsty, and then two of Kirsty's friends - one of who made it pretty apparent she didnt like me and Kat from the get go. I travelled

to Kat's house 40 minutes away on public transport by myself - fine,
I travelled from her house to bristol in her car - fine
got to the concert and into the stadium - fine
first support act - started to feel unsteady but put it down to bad flooring covering the football pitch
second support act - light headedness, feeling dizzy,
third support act - went for a walk with best mate, cant settle, cant breath

presenter just about to announce the first band - I left.

20 minutes in the car on the way home and a chin wag with my best mate - fine again. :doh::doh::doh: fair play I will praise Kat to the hilt though because although we've been best mates for 14 years she has never seen me having a panic attack and she was an absolute diamond. :hugs: She talked at me, asked me questions, talked me through it and we had a good laugh......

£40 ticket to see 3 support acts Ive never heard of......:yesyes:

I came straight home to my house

Since then though its like Ive had a set back, the day after the concert I was a bit jittery but I was ok....was fine all week until I went to work thursday and ended up having a panic attack on the till, my supervisor removed me from it until break time and then put me back on there but I was absolutely fine by then but he gave me the breathing space i needed

then yesterday I sat watching Harry Potter with my son, and my sunburn/tan started peeling so I was sat picking it - sorry! - and my partner and ben came and sat on the sofa next to me and it triggered a panic attack - sweats, dry mouth, tight chest, feeling woozy, arms went a little numb and I had to go to the loo. Once I calmed down though which took about 30 minutes I was fine.

but now Im in work today for a 7hr shift (3pm until 10pm) and I can already feel myself getting apprehensive.

Has anyone else had a set back?

Im starting to wonder if mine are being made worse by a fear of having a panic attack in public or passing out in public.

Stormsky
04-08-13, 10:02
It's the fear of having another panic attack that keeps them coming. And is keeping you in an anxious state.
So don't be afraid, they can't hurt you.

SarahH
04-08-13, 10:59
I agree with Stormsky....it's the Fear of another attack that perpetuates the attacks.....I'm still working on how to get rid of The Fear!!