PDA

View Full Version : Banged my head 3 weeks ago.

citygirl1
04-08-13, 12:50
Split my head open 3 weeks ago now, really heavy fall on my concrete driveway. Went to a&e and they said they didn't think I done any internal damage. No x ray or scan. Week later started getting pins and needles in my face, down to a&e again and they examined me again and said it is neurapraxia which is repairable nerve damage and it may take some time to settle down. No scan or x ray again. Have seen 4 doctors now and they are all saying pretty much the same thing but I am just panicking a bit as I still have these pins and needles and also a weakness down my right side. Has anyone had any similar experiences with a head knock? Keep thinking what if theres internal bleeding, what if they have missed something.

aggiecuttler
04-08-13, 20:31
hi head issues are always a worry, did you head actually split open or for a bump, have you asked for an mri or has it not been mentioned, if you want the reassurance ask for a scan are you getting pain? if you are not satisfied with your treatment continue to go for advice thats why drs are there blessings

citygirl1
04-08-13, 20:35
Hi.

It was a bad cut with a lot of blood but no stitches. The docs had a good poke around and said they didn't think I needed an x ray or scan. The wound itself is still pretty sore and still feels lumpy and tender.