PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks in the middle of the night.

poppy1
04-08-13, 13:07
I have suffered from anxiety for years. I was on seroxat for years which I managed to come off a year ago. I started on citalopram to help come off the seroxat. I reduced citalopram to 10mg every other day. I then tried to reduce it to 5mg every other day but I was emotional and agitated so I went on to 5mg. On day 4 I had a few glasses of wine and woke in the night with my heart racing I felt sick dizzy and sweating. Dr said it panic but now I'm afraid to go to sleep because its happened a few times now. I try to relax not to think about it but unless I take a sleeping tablet I'm waking up anxious. Any idea how I can overcome this?

lauraebowes
04-08-13, 19:41
try a hand held fan wen i wake up use the fan over ur face and might calm u down.. Wrks for me. I knw how u feel about going to sleep its horrible try reading before u go to sleep and make sure you are tired before u drift off as ur mind will be racing before sleep otherwise :-)

poppy1
05-08-13, 20:11
I try deep breathing reading relaxing try not to thing about it but it happened again last night at 1:30am. I don't feel that anxious sometimes no breathlessness or agitation just a fast heartbeat but I'm anxious after!! Very strange!!