PDA

View Full Version : feel like I'm being fobbed off with anxiety

roxy90
04-08-13, 14:20
Hi everyone.

I've written a few times about my multitude of aches and pains which have been dismissed as anxiety.

Since then I've had a diagnosis of costochondritis for my.chest pain and tenderness which i'm happy with. My problems now are the aches and pains in my arms, legs, neck and headaches which were dismissed straight away as anxiety.

Now these pains have not improved at all. Im starting to get.extreme pain in my fingers. When I pull my thumb down or put pressure on my hand pain radiates through my fingers, palm and forearm.

Im struggling to pick up my daughter, push.her pushchair because of.the pain. Im in constant body pain. However.the doctors see.anxiety and dismiss me, I have no idea.what to.do its.ruining my life. I feel ive.been wrongly diagnosed.with.anxiety now I'm.never going to.get a.GP believe me,.ill be in pain forever,.
Or.worse im going to die. I cant see.a way out :(

Raidenshred
04-08-13, 15:50
I'd say get a second opinion, from a better doctor, and demand to be taken seriously. This pain is clearly impacting not only your day to day life, but your mental state as well, and they have a responsibility not to fob you off.
Unfortunately, doctors can be a bit of a lottery. Something I learned the hard way was that there's a bit of luck involved in finding a doctor who'll genuinely listen. All I can say is keep trying. Remember you deserve better, and next time you're speaking to someone whose job it is to help, don't walk out of their office until you feel like you've been taken seriously.

roxy90
04-08-13, 16:12
Thankyou for your kind words and.advice.

I've seen 4 doctors since.and all they do is look at my notes, see anxiety and they seem to switch off. Just tell me to keep taking citalopram and that's that. My family wont believe theres something wrong either, I feel very very alone. I just keep thinking they're missing some deadly illness and it worries the.life out of me :(