PDA

View Full Version : Sharp stabbing in side of head!!

sarahann
04-08-13, 15:08
Hi all,
Recently i seem to just be posting in here asking advice. Anyway, i have recently been through a real rough patch and the doc upped my venlafaxine from 75mg to 150mg. I have had this weird sharp pain that twinges for like 3 seconds and goes, but then twinges again and repeats for about 20 mins. It leaves my head sore but not really a headache. Its on the left side above my ear but on top of my head above my eyes if that makes sense. I have had it now for days and im getting really worried its something sinister. I cant go to the doctor again otherwise she is going to get angry with me always asking questions lol. Do you think its to do with the increased dose or do you think its something else. My head sometimes feels a bit lightheaded now and again, but not dizzy or no vision problems. Also, the pain is sometimes on the right side too. I have had it before about 3 years ago but it went and now its back.
Any help is muchly appreciated.

KeeKee
04-08-13, 18:38
I have been getting this but on my right side. Freaking me out too but I haven't had it for a few days. Mine usually occurs in the late evenings or when I'm in bed.

sarahann
04-08-13, 18:54
It's really strange isn't it? Not sure what it is but I get worried about anything to do with my head. Hopefully someone can shed some light for us. Xx

shazbog
10-08-13, 11:07
I too have been getting sharp stabbing pain in head for past 3 weeks and have seen dr who seemed to think anxiety and I saw osteopath who has cracked me :-) however I am still acutely aware of pain on left hand side at base of skull which goes up to round ear - also beginning to think I am clenching my jaw - hubbie says I grind teeth in sleep and now wondering if this is all stress related and linked - beginning to feel extremely down and hopeless with constant pain in neck/head :-(

applewine
23-08-13, 14:45
Do you have any neck muscle stiffness or pain, or any stiffness or pain in the jaw muscles.

I used to get random stabbing or electric shock like pain for a split second near my ears when I was having a really bad case of trigger points in my neck / jaw area.

Once I stopped laying in bed with my head forward reading and doing other things it eventually calmed down enough to stop doing that.

I still have the muscle pain, but not as much jaw muscle pain and no more random electric shocks.

I've been reading up on trigger points for years to try to get this treated. It is very complex.