PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new and have health anxiety

Evey1986
04-08-13, 19:08
Hello there, I am new and so glad I found this, I have been suffering from health anxiety since feb although it didn't start as that it started as panic attacks, it has been a long a mentally draining roller coaster and being the happy go lucky girl I was to being smacked in the face with this anxiety is awful, since feb I have wrote a day to day diary in book form and I like to read it alot, I have enjoyed reading posts by some if you as the are so true and it's hard to go through something like this, I have started cbt and it's even got me enrolling in a course to become a psychologist and a counsellor, I have such bad days where the black cloud if death hangs over me and I feel like I am a terminally ill patient it's awful to feel this way mentally and physically, so my question is has this illness changed you for the better or worse and are there any people out there that are fully cured? Xx

aggiecuttler
04-08-13, 20:25
i have never had health anxiety but my twin sister did, she had a therapy and found it very helpful, she also takes ADs fluoxtine which helps to level her out. Although i have never had HA i do no about health issues i have a brain tumour found out in jan this year, it has made me realise that you must enjoy your life as much as you can and embrace all you can, my situation is thankfully controlable, i have found the lord which has brought me so much happiness and peace, i dont know if you have faith but it can give you contentment and love and i could not be without it, if you are not on any meds i would consider going to the dr and having a chat it would probably help you level out. life is a journey and not everything is going to be fantastic the key is to find the things which make you happy and roll with it, i used to be a sit on the sofa person and did nothing what a waste, embrace and enjoy and if you want to find faith try going to a meeting i go to a new frontiers church modern and very relaxed good luck and blessings

Evey1986
04-08-13, 22:02
Aww thanks for the advice and sorry to hear about yourself, I have come along way purely by self help more me time, meditation, etc i think alot about faith and my guardian angel etc so might have to channel that a bit more :)