PDA

View Full Version : Fear of dying.......

sammykaye
05-08-13, 08:35
Hi All

Any ideas on how to get past this?

Its really not helped by the fact I lost my brother ( hes my brother but we are not biologically related) in April to what seems to be sudden adult death syndrome - like cot death but in adults.....he was 38, two days prior to that I lost my friend. She was also 38 and passed in similiar circumstances.

Now I have this horrid fear that Im going to die, last night I had a small stabbing pain on my temple which started to spark a panic attack, and then my head was feeling really funny when I went to bed and I honestly thought I wasn't going to wake up this morning.

Im not even sure where to start trying to get past this.......:weep::weep::weep:

x

spacebunnyx
05-08-13, 09:48
Hi Sammykaye,

I'm so sorry for your losses. It's bound to make your anxiety flare up. I'm also scared of dying... not so much actual death because that's just like falling asleep, but having not done everything that I want to do in my life makes me anxious. I'm not sure quite how to deal with it, except that the issue surrounding it is "accepting uncertainty"... we don't know when or how we will pass on, but statistically speaking it will be in our late 70's or 80's... maybe older!
There are some books such as "the worry cure" which deals with this issue.

Have you spoken to anyone about your losses? It might be worth getting some counselling?

all the best and I hope you feel better soon.

Space xxx

SarahH
05-08-13, 12:45
That is very sad news and such a shock for you.

I had something similar when i was 17.
Please go to your GP and ask to be referred to a counsellor about this. You have experienced something which is actually quite unusual and the shock/bereavement will be effecting you.
If you dont want to contact you GP can I suggest you contact CRUISE who deal with bereavement counselling,

Sarah