PDA

View Full Version : Heart thuds

Ats666
05-08-13, 10:20
I started with palpitations about 4 months ago now, they are worrying me sick. Had ECG initially which was fine and also bloods were fine. Been prescribed propranolol and have been taken since then. GP has told me to take 80mg 3 times a day but I only take 40mg twice a day at the most as I'm so scared of my heart stopping. I'm constantly checking my heart rate and I am driving myself mad. When I'm busy like at work I only feel them occasionally but when I try to relax I get the palps and the thuds, this is a daily thing and I am so fearful of a heart attack and can feel that I'm on my way to a breakdown. GP has referred me to a cardiologist but he feels it is all due to my anxiety. Has anyone else experienced this? My HA is spiralling out of control :(

skippy66
05-08-13, 10:44
Yes yes yes. For 10 years. Don't worry about them they are HARMLESS if your heart has checked out fine, which it has. Things like long QT, which can make palpitations more of a problem would show up on ECG.

STOP CHECKING YOUR PULSE!!!!!!!!!!

SarahH
05-08-13, 12:39
Yes yes yes. For 10 years. Don't worry about them they are HARMLESS if your heart has checked out fine, which it has. Things like long QT, which can make palpitations more of a problem would show up on ECG.

STOP CHECKING YOUR PULSE!!!!!!!!!!

Great reply Skippy!!

Heart thuds are very distressing when they happen , but they happen to most people all the time. We with HA notice them more because we are looking for them. Look up Ectopic Beats on this forum and you will find all the reassurance you need. I get them EVERYTIME I go for an afternoon siesta. It is a NATURAL part of the heart workings!!!!

Sarah

Ats666
05-08-13, 16:07
And mow I'm getting a sharp pain on and off in the centre of my chest I'm really scared and don't know what to do :(

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

The chest pain is not constant it's on and off, could it be my heart? I'm reall scared

mummyanxious
05-08-13, 17:52
I've been getting sharp pains with my palpitations. The dr says its muscular but it defo comes with the heartbeat and is organ level not muscle level. It's very frightening and I really do feel for you

Ats666
05-08-13, 21:06
Thanks for your replies its so hard to calm down and think rational when you have palpitations and heart thuds all day every day :( xx

Eyji1
05-08-13, 22:44
I know how you feel. although I've been getting way fewer palpitations I do get a pain in my chest from time to time. Right now I'm feeling very uneasy. Sweating profusely with palpitations and feeling very warm. Best of luck to you friend.