PDA

View Full Version : locked out of house

zenflowers
05-08-13, 20:59
I took the dog for a walk in my break at work, and my husband forgot to bring the keys for the front door. I work from home.
to cut a long story short this set my anxiety off, I was snappy and he was snappy back saying there was no need to be like that. I replied " what do you expect, I have sever anxiety?"
He replied " oh yeah ! Doesn't make it right though!"
It upsets me, and I don't know what to do, do I hide my anxiety ( which is going to be very difficult) from him.
I am not taking medication as I had a horrid horrid reaction to it, and to be honest I would like to try to get through this with out it.
Working, is horrid even when I don't have this, its a miserable job and they are very unsupportive.
I can understand him getting tired and fed up with me, and this. but it is just upsetting when the one person you need to understand treats you badly.

Stormsky
05-08-13, 21:42
It is hard for our partners,husbands, I wouldn't want to be around someone who's depressed and anxious all the time...it must drag them down too.
That's not to say they shouldn't support us and yes ,
they are the one person you need to understand you.
Did he treat you badly, or was he reacting to you snapping at him?
I've recovered but although I didn't hide my Anx, I made sure I was still an equal partner in our relationship , even if I was putting on an act at times...I'd put happy face on, be fun to be with, be interested in his day, his problems etc.. I didn't want it to be all about me and how I felt..