PDA

View Full Version : My situation right now.

Eyji1
05-08-13, 22:38
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and forum. I've been lurking around now and then when I've managed to "late night google" my way here while symptom hunting the internet on sleepless nights.

I just want to hear some opinions on what I'm going through. I know many of you have it way way worse then me so some of my complaints may seem trivial at best. But this is the nature of anxiety. Every problem grows in your mind until it is unbearable.

I'm a 24 year old male. Early last December I had a sort of nervous breakdown witch ended up in a 3 day perpetual panic cycle. For the last 8 and 1/2 months I've been getting better day by day but I still have my relapses or "blips" as PsychoPoet put it in a post I read the other day. I'm changing medications from Mirtazapine to Citalopram and I'm currently on week two in the process of adapting to Citalopram. I'm only taking 10mg a day and I do feel different then I used to. But It does have it's side effects. I apparently clench my jaw at night. Which leaves me waking up often sore in the jaw and it cracks every time I open up wide.
Others are diaphragm tension. I feel like I cant breathe properly into my stomach without concentrating on it and I'm starting to get sore in the ribs, both the chest area and in the back I can feel how sore I am between the ribs.
Along with excessive sweating and going from super warm to cold (My feet have turned ice cold. I used to be warm all the time before). And irritation in the feet.
The thing that bothers me most of all is the pain I think is coming from my heart. It's not a really bad pain. More like discomfort? It comes and goes at random times and I feel like it's following the beating of my heart. I find it quite discomforting and scary.

Well this is my first real post on this site. You can most likely expect so find many more in the future. I hope to hear some answers from more experienced worriers that have been through the same or similar as I am going through right now.

Thank you for your time
-Eyþór.

Stormsky
05-08-13, 23:02
:welcome:

gabrielle37
01-09-13, 12:46
welcome to site, it helped me so much when i had a break down last year. i am sure you will find lots of helpful information on here. i still pop in from time to time. take care now and all the best. Lesley :-)

Leem
01-09-13, 13:25
Welcome! I think you will find that you are not alone in any of your feelings. Like this one -> "The thing that bothers me most of all is the pain I think is coming from my heart. It's not a really bad pain. More like discomfort? It comes and goes at random times and I feel like it's following the beating of my heart. I find it quite discomforting and scary." <- I have the exact same identical feeling, but it is totally harmless and just down to us focussing too much on sensations associated with anxiety. All the best and look forward to your posts :welcome:

MRS STRESS ED
01-09-13, 13:47
:welcome:lots of help and good advice here

Fishmanpa
01-09-13, 22:39
While I can't give you advice, I can say kudos for your positive attitude and pro-active stance on your anxiety issue. I have full confidence you will overcome it and live a productive and positive life. :) Others should take notice and follow your lead.

Speranza
01-09-13, 23:03
Hiya! Welcome!

Eyji1
02-09-13, 13:44
Thank you all for the kind words.