PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on? Feeling scared

Female healthanxiety
06-08-13, 01:18
Xxxx

Daisy Sue
06-08-13, 01:20
Hiya.. I'm around for a little while.. what's up? :)

Female healthanxiety
06-08-13, 01:28
Hello Daisy Sue,

Thank u for replying. :/)

Feeling a bit sick and laying in bed, scared I'm gonna die of a heart attack: partner is not that supportive neither; dosent understand.

X

Daisy Sue
06-08-13, 01:33
Aw sorry to hear that - everything's so much worse in the middle of the night, huh?

I just read your post in your other thread.. I know exactly what you mean with that dizzy/drunk feeling, and it can be 'just anxiety' causing that. But also whenever I'm coming down with a virus or infection I get it too. Sometimes drinking one of those rehydration drinks helps, like dioralyte or a supermarket's own brand... maybe worth a try, especially as it's been so hot, and you've got a slight temperature at the moment.

Try and focus on something, like a nice holiday memory, at least for a few minutes, and your heart rate should calm down a bit.

Female healthanxiety
06-08-13, 01:38
Hello Daisy Sue,

Horrible isn't it; I though the Amoxicillin would have worked but it hasn't really! (On day 6 of 7).

Just want to wake up and feel 'myself' again and stop worrying about worrying!

I can't sleep and this is why I wake up so tired; it's a viscous circle!!!!

K xxx

Daisy Sue
06-08-13, 01:45
Yep it's horrid.. maybe your infection is viral so not responding to antibiotics, in which case it'll just run its' course. I hope you feel better soon, and can get some sleep! I'm sat here nursing a painful ear infection, picking up a prescription tomorrow morning. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Maybe try and do some relaxation techniques, if you know any.. like consciously relaxing every bit of you from toes upwards.. often I do this and am asleep before I get to my head :)

Female healthanxiety
06-08-13, 01:49
Yes I think u maybe right - could be viral. I wish it would just hurry up and go its mot welcome!!!

Don't know what the sick feeling is though ?!!?!

Sorry to hear about your ear infection - do you get them often? Hopefully the meds will clear it up. It's the season to be ill seems like.

Yes I'm a big fan of meditation - just feel so distracted if you get what I mean?!

X

Daisy Sue
06-08-13, 01:55
I used to love meditating, and got quite good at it, but it's hard to switch off when you're anxious, I know.

I last had an ear infection a few months back, in fact I had it when I went to my first NMP meeting, and was lip reading more than hearing everyone. lol.

I think with any infection you can feel sickly, & also head symptoms like dizziness can cause nausea feelings too :(

Female healthanxiety
06-08-13, 01:59
Sorry for the ignorance - what NMP?! :blush:

It's horrible have that metal-y taste in my mouth :-(

Have you ever tried Hopi Ear treatments - they are apparently good if u get frequent infections of the ear.

X

Daisy Sue
06-08-13, 02:02
Sorry - No More Panic.. this forum - they have meetings every so often.. think I've been to two or three now :)

Not heard of Hopi.. will look it up, thanks!

Ok, I'm going to play a mindless game or two and hopefully feel sleepy soon :D

Hope you're feeling a little more relaxed now, and manage to get some sleep too.

Nite :) xxxx