PDA

View Full Version : Will the sicky feeling ever go??!!

bellesmummy
06-08-13, 08:39
I am trying to come off Mirt. Am taking 15mg every other night. The night i don't take them i feel so sick the next day and the night i do take them i am ok. I really want to come off meds and try and manage without them but am really struggling! Should i maybe cut tablets in half and take half every night?
Any advice is much appreciated!

hanshan
07-08-13, 14:22
Nothing wrong with cutting the tablet in half and taking it every night.

Why do you want to come off mirtazapine?

bellesmummy
07-08-13, 16:53
I don't feel like they are doing anything! I have tried uping the dose and just makes me worse.
I want to try and help myself without meds, i believe that meds just mask the problem rather than cure it! I think only i can help myself!

hanshan
08-08-13, 04:12
Try taking the half tablet every night. If it's still the same overall dose, it should even out the levels in your body. The ups and downs might be part of the problem.

ADs don't cure the problem full term. They may give you a breathing spell to get things right in your own way. You can still get better naturally. Some people (like me) take them long-term, but that's based on many years of knowing my average levels of anxiety.

Good luck.

Nessinoo
10-09-13, 19:45
Hi bellesmummy,

I would take the 15mg one night then 7.5mg the next for 2 weeks. Then transfer over to 15mg every third night and 7.5mg in between for a further 2 weeks. Following that I would remain on 7.5 mg for a month to allow a 'wait and watch' period to make sure there's no relapse symptoms. After that you could reduce down to 7.5mg every other night for 2 weeks then stop. I hope this helps. Im planning to reduce down from 15mg in a couple of months but will stay of 7.5mg for a while to prevent my migraines returning. Apparently they offer prolaxis treatment for Migraine. I have also read the Mirtazapine is sometimes given as a pre-med. Good luck, please let me know how you get on as I would be really interested. I hope this helps :)

bellesmummy
12-09-13, 18:06
Hi Nessinoo,
I am now off the Mirt!!! I cut down to 7.5 every night for a week or so then every other night for about a week then i just stopped! Had quite bad withdrawal symptons for about 2 weeks, high anxiety and nausea but have been off then for about a month now! I am not feeling better for being off them but i am not worse! I suppose i feel more in control of my anxiety being off them so will see how i go!!