PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

karenhigg
18-10-06, 08:24
Hi, thought i would introduce myself, my name is Karen and i've been suffering P/A's since February, after a series of life changing events, such as relationship changes, death and children problems. Coming to a place like this makes me realise that it's not just me that suffers. I've been perscribed a range of medication for the P/A's but i am currently on Propranolol and trying to wean myself off, down to 1 and a half a day now, get the occasional tremor but nothing else thankfully. I've always been such a strong person and hate the way that this has affected my life, it's made me into a total hypochondriac think i've got everything wrong with me !!!! Is this normal? I have so many unanswered questions that people don't or can't give me the answers to. I am due to go for an assesment for councilling tommorrow don't know if this will help or not ??? Anyway enough rambling from me lol, and Hi to all of you.
Karen :)

sparkles
18-10-06, 08:39
Hi, Karen im on propranolol as well, i feel the same as u do, i was such a strong person and my Dr says 2me im tough as old boots! but i am not anymore i have P/A's and Anxiety im not feeling too good at the moment so i came on here 2make me feel better, i recently joined and this site will help u loads, i thought i was the only person like this! until i found this site
u takecare

paula king

Paddington
18-10-06, 09:30
Hello Karen,so glad you found us all!You have so come to the right place for advice and true understanding !As for the hypochondria,join our club ha ha ha ha!!I thought i was gunna die the other day cause i put germolene on a cut and it stung!Soooo,as you can see not alone there hun!!lolDo have a look at first steps too,it has so much info ,all your questions will be answered here.Lovely to meet you.Love Mary Rose,xxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

yorkylover
18-10-06, 14:18
hi karen we are all the same here,and know where you are coming from.Anxiety has so many symptoms.you are not a hypochondriac,its all part of anxiety.Im also on propranolol.
take care;)

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
18-10-06, 18:25
Hi Karen

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read around the website too and you may be able to relate to a lot of what is said on there.

Hope we can be of some help.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
18-10-06, 18:37
Hi Karen

A BIG warm welcome to you!

Lovely to see you here, You have come to the right place for advice and support ! Im another one with hypochondria, so your not on your own there, Let us know how the councilling goes tomorrow, hope it goes well for you.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

ceecee
18-10-06, 19:34
hi karen welcome to the site
you,ll find lots of great advice here
take care
rachel x x

trac67
18-10-06, 20:20
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Daisybun
18-10-06, 22:22
Hi Karen and welcome to NMP. This is a great site, you'll find lots of support and help. You are definitely not alone as you will see feom many of the posts. I suffer with health anxiety too and can relate to how you feel. Good luck in coming of the meds

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

karenhigg
18-10-06, 23:14
Awww thanx to you all for the lovely warm welcome, having a bad day today, got a double ear infection so as well as the headaches i normally get i'm giddy aswell, lets hope the antibio's soon kick in, i'll let you know how my assessment go's tomm, been told by my doc that councelling can actually make you feel worse to start with, oh well we will see, take care all and once again thanx for the lovely welcome.
Karen[^]
Ps was just wondering what other peoples experiance's are with propranolol eg side effects ???

yorkylover
18-10-06, 23:47
Hi again Karen Im on propranalol and I dont get any side affects at all.When you start counselling the sessions can make you very tired and worn out.Hope you assessment goes well.
take care;)

Ellen XX

clickaway
19-10-06, 00:38
Welcome along, Karen.

Its very common to feel that we don't know what is wrong with ourselves.

Give counselling a go as a good first step.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kittikat
19-10-06, 00:38
Hi Karen, I, like you, have always been such a strong & independent person. The panic attacks seem to take that away from you but you have to take control of them and not let them control you. Easier said than done I know! I thought I was going to die all week. Was frightened to be alone. I have been seeing the psychologist for 6 weeks now. It's made my anxiety/panic worse but it is helpful and makes lots of sense. Doc says it often happens like that. I've also just gone back on the diazepam- it's the only medication that works for me. I wish you well & you are normal!!
Kittikat[8D]

manmoor
19-10-06, 02:33
Hi Karen,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

karenhigg
19-10-06, 22:01
Hi all, went for my councelling assessment today he decided i do need some more sessions only trouble is there is a 4 month waiting list b4 it can start!!! Asked me a lot of questions and had to fill in a questionaire, i was ok and held it all together until the subject of abuse came up hadn't realised that the fact that i was abused as a child still had an effect on me, so maybe i wasn't as strong as i thought i was and have had it bottled up for all these years[Sigh...]Karen

mad_shell66
20-10-06, 09:31
heya welcome aboard

shellxx