PDA

View Full Version : Have I done the right thing?

spacebunnyx
06-08-13, 14:09
I'm having a difficult bout of HA at the moment. I've had a tickly cough for a week and a half and have been feeling a bit irritated and wheezy in my airways for a few weeks now. It's really upsetting me as I'm worried its lung cancer.

On the one hand I know I'm being ridiculous as I'm a 32 year old, healthy, non-smoker. But I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong :weep:

I'm going on holiday with my other half for 3 weeks on friday, we're going abroad and moving around. I really don't want to have the holiday ruined with my anxiety so I made an appointment to see the GP tomorrow morning.

I know I shouldn't be reassurance seeking but I just want my mind put at ease.

Do you think this is OK?

space xxx

purgatory
06-08-13, 14:21
Spacebunnyx

I think you have done the right thing, the last thing you want as your about to prepare to start you holiday is too be worrying and you know your doctor is going to put your mind at ease and just say it is a common cough and nothing to worry about.

And then you can go on holiday without having to worry.

Enjoy your 3 weeks and bring back a stick of rock for me hehe

anxious_thoughts
06-08-13, 15:46
Hello Space, great choice in making an appointment with your GP. They will really help you put your mind at ease and reassure you it is nothing serious. :)

In June I had a vacation and I was so nervous of my symptoms acting up. It was 2 weeks long, and out of that 2 weeks I only ever felt my symptoms once or twice. It's great keeping yourself busy and your mind off your anxiety. It will really help you. :)

Hope you have fun! x

spacebunnyx
06-08-13, 17:11
Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing... I worry about wasting the GP's time.

I feel like such a waste of the NHS resources with my anxiety and other problems (lots of gynae and fertility issues).

It's like on the one hand I worry and think its ridiculous, but on the other I can't help the anxiety!

xxx