PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Over Migraine

Edward_1980
06-08-13, 15:55
It all started yesterday. I got a headache that turned into a migraine, it lasted all day and night and I didn't sleep a wink. Today, after the migraine, I imagined myself with blood coming out of my eyes, mouth, nose and ears like I was having a deadly and severe brain haemorrhage. Eventually this led to breathing difficulties and me thinking the worst was going to happen and that the migraine was a sign that the haemorrhage was about to happen while I was alone in the house with no one to help me (This always happens when I am alone with no one to help me).

This isn't a new thing. I am nearly always at the Doctor whenever I have a migraine because I imagine the blood flowing and me in my last few seconds of life, ready to go alone and found dead when my partner comes home. The Doctor has checked me out on numerous occasions and told me strictly that I am not on the verge of a haemorrhage and that it was just a headache.

Today, after the migraine, I feel that something isn't right. The pain is gone and I honestly thought it was my last few seconds on earth, but there's a stinging left over that is ringing in my ear. I'm afraid again that it will be an inevitable haemorrhage that no one could have seen coming. I'm terrified again like usual and had to take a Zopiclone to relax myself because I am out of Xanax and they won't give me more.

Am I right to be anxious? I have Tylex and Nuerofen Plus to control the pain, but I can't get the fact that I might haemorrhage out of my mind?

Annie0904
06-08-13, 15:59
No you are not right to be anxious because there is nothing for you to be anxious about! It was a migraine Edward and you are going to be fine. Migraines leave us feeling groggy for a while after and it can take sometime for the pain to go completely so you will be fine :D Have you started to make that lovely dinner yet?

Edward_1980
06-08-13, 16:12
Oh Annie :)

You always comfort me. I'm being silly as usual, but it's so real in the middle of it. I just took one Tylex and two Nuerofen plus now to keep it away permanently. I'm ever so sorry for being a nucience. Me and my Drama. Didn't you used to call me a Drama Queen? :D

Dinner is on Annie and I'm just out of a quick lavender bath to help relax my nerves. The chicken is in the oven and Mark is bringing home the salad.

I have nothing to worry about

I have to keep saying that Annie.

Annie0904
06-08-13, 16:18
Yes Edward a real drama Queen :D you have nothing at all to worry about..just get that table set and the plates ready for a lovely dinner tonight :D

Edward_1980
06-08-13, 16:22
I am a Drama Queen as usual ringing Beef Burger and telling him that it's my last few moments alive and him nearly laughing at me down the phone.

Table is set, just waiting on Mark with the salad now.

I must go to the Dinner thread and see what you are having again. Wasn't it burgers? Oh, beef burger. Aeneas is on the menu :D

Seriously,
Thanks Annie girl. You are a treasure:hugs:

bernie1977
06-08-13, 16:24
I shouldn't say it but you make me laugh Edward! I have the same trains of thought as you that work at 100mph. I get a chest infection, I imagine it turning into Pnuemonia again and my lung collapsing and I might die. It's because we over think things and always conclude with the worse possible scenario. This is what we allow our anxiety to do to us, we must learn how to say STOP to it when it takes us to those dark places.

Glad your migraine has gone, forget about it now it's gone. Think about what you're going to do tonight :)

Annie0904
06-08-13, 16:25
Hmmm...I am not sure I fancy my burger now..I really don'e want to eat Aeneas...he will be a bit tough! Oh my burger is Aberdeen angus so it should be fine :) I had Irish beef for Sunday dinner though :)

Auntie.Eggma
06-08-13, 16:57
I do this too, except less the bleeding from various orifices and more seizures and aneurysms and basically just going *pop* and bye bye Auntie.Eggma.

My usual method of shaking my head to dislodge the stupid thought doesn't work if I have a migraine, though, because OW. :D

Edward_1980
07-08-13, 11:42
What are we like?

We allow our deepest fears to take over and think that the worst is going to happen. I was fully convinced of a brain haemorrhage yesterday. I even went as far as to imagine the Doctors in A&E saying they couldn't save me and Mark crying at my bedside as I passed away from loss of blood. It's unreal what this flipping anxiety does to us. I still have a bit of stinging left, but I know now that it's just my head recovering and that nothing will happen to me.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Hmmm...I am not sure I fancy my burger now..I really don'e want to eat Aeneas...he will be a bit tough! Oh my burger is Aberdeen angus so it should be fine :) I had Irish beef for Sunday dinner though :)

You put my Aeneas in a stew? :scared15::lac:

Auntie.Eggma
07-08-13, 21:30
Hooray for us, eh? <3
We could bottle our blood and make a fortune if we could think of a useful application for it.

Edward_1980
08-08-13, 11:53
I agree Auntie, but knowing us we'd think our blood was poisoned!!!:winks:

Edward_1980
08-08-13, 16:24
I shouldn't say it but you make me laugh Edward! I have the same trains of thought as you that work at 100mph. I get a chest infection, I imagine it turning into Pnuemonia again and my lung collapsing and I might die. It's because we over think things and always conclude with the worse possible scenario. This is what we allow our anxiety to do to us, we must learn how to say STOP to it when it takes us to those dark places.

Glad your migraine has gone, forget about it now it's gone. Think about what you're going to do tonight :)

I'm glad I made you laugh Bernie :D

Auntie.Eggma
08-08-13, 16:47
I agree Auntie, but knowing us we'd think our blood was poisoned!!!:winks:

:roflmao: Seriously. Non-stop fun.

Edward_1980
09-08-13, 11:47
:roflmao: Seriously. Non-stop fun.

You think that was funny? You should have seen me one evening when I called Aeneas demanding that I was having a stroke. He was so calm on the phone and told me that if I was having a stroke then I wouldn't be able to scream an yell at him like I was. Well, I screamed and cursed him and called 999 for an Ambulance. Shure, all they did was see it was a Panic Attack and proceed to give me oxygen to help relax me. I didn't find it one bit funny at the time and was imagining myself in a hospital bed after the stroke with the loss of the left side of my body, but Aeneas and the Ambulance crew say it was a plain old panic attack. All my roaring and shouting :roflmao:

Annie0904
09-08-13, 12:11
You think that was funny? You should have seen me one evening when I called Aeneas demanding that I was having a stroke. He was so calm on the phone and told me that if I was having a stroke then I wouldn't be able to scream an yell at him like I was. Well, I screamed and cursed him and called 999 for an Ambulance. Shure, all they did was see it was a Panic Attack and proceed to give me oxygen to help relax me. I didn't find it one bit funny at the time and was imagining myself in a hospital bed after the stroke with the loss of the left side of my body, but Aeneas and the Ambulance crew say it was a plain old panic attack. All my roaring and shouting :roflmao:

And what did Laura and I call you? :D

Edward_1980
09-08-13, 12:14
And what did Laura and I call you? :D

Ye said that I was the biggest Drama Queen ever :lac:

Annie0904
09-08-13, 12:18
:D Beef burger did well to stay calm on the phone. I have an awful pain in my chest this morning...Edward you would be having a heart attack but I think it is trapped wind :D Mind you when my husband WAS having a heart attack for real..I gave him a windeeze tablet :D After taking his blood pressure I realise it wasn't wind though and called an ambulance :)

Edward_1980
09-08-13, 12:27
:D Beef burger did well to stay calm on the phone. I have an awful pain in my chest this morning...Edward you would be having a heart attack but I think it is trapped wind :D Mind you when my husband WAS having a heart attack for real..I gave him a windeeze tablet :D After taking his blood pressure I realise it wasn't wind though and called an ambulance :)

Aeneas is trained in all that I would imagine Annie. He's always calm on the phone when I'm having my heart attacks, strokes, brain tumors and haemorrhages. Bless him :lac:

Oh Annie. Are you OK? If that were me I'd be in the ambulance on the way for surgery. The Doctors, the Surgeons and Aeneas would have been called already. I'd also call all my family and inform them that I would be spending time in hospital after surgery for a heart attack. Knowing me I'd be imagining a bypass!

You gave your husband a windeeze during a heart attack? Oh Annie:roflmao: I hope he was OK, was he? You must have been terrified.

Annie0904
09-08-13, 12:34
I am fine Edward..I have been shopping and going out to do the garden now. I am sure it is wind :D My husband had a stent put in his heart. He has had 2 heart attacks but is back working full time and is out raking up the gravel on the front garden as we are changing it :) It was frightening at the time but he is fitter than me now :D You just have to think rationally in these situations.

Col
09-08-13, 12:40
Ahhh Edward :hugs:.

I've been watching your post for a couple of days and migraines are hurrendous.
It's a big trigger of mine and at the moment I'm pregnant highly anxious with that and sometimes if I see a shadow or look at a shiny object and look away I panic I'm going to have a migraine! The Bain of my life at the moment.

Take care Col x

Edward_1980
09-08-13, 12:44
That's brilliant Annie. You keep doing those positive things and you will be OK. Well done :D Your poor husband. Here's me whining over a panic attack when there's people for real getting them. That's it. I'm ringing Aeneas for a chat :lac:

Col,

Migraines are just the worst. I truly hope and pray that you don't get one. :hugs: