PDA

View Full Version : Bone Cancer question

lisak789
06-08-13, 16:44
I have been having a really bad ache in my ribs on my left side. They almost have a brused feeling and it happens a lot. I have had a chest x ray and it was ok, if it was bone cancer would it have shown up on the x ray?

spacebunnyx
06-08-13, 16:52
Hi, as x-rays are specifically for looking at bones I would say you something would show up. Certainly when my 97 year old gran had bone cancer it showed up clearly on an x-ray.

all the best xxx

SUPERXERO
06-08-13, 17:06
It might be your anxiety

joelhall
06-08-13, 18:39
It may show up, but it depends on the staging and type of bone tumour. However, given you have no other signs and symptoms, it's unlikely. You can ask your GP to run bloods to put your mind at ease. However, I doubt the chest pain is related to bone cancer.

almamatters
06-08-13, 19:28
It may show up, but it depends on the staging and type of bone tumour. However, given you have no other signs and symptoms, it's unlikely. You can ask your GP to run bloods to put your mind at ease. However, I doubt the chest pain is related to bone cancer.

I agree that most likely would have other signs and symptoms, just for my own curiosity Joelhall what kind of blood tests would a GP do to find this out.

lisak789
06-08-13, 22:29
I did have a full panel of bloods taken. all came back good except that my Creatinine level was high but not by much. Hopefully that is ok. I think the blood test for a bone cancer is CEA test as well as alkaline phosphatase

Darren1
07-08-13, 09:08
i think they test calcium level too - if it's high then it could be because of bones leaking due to cancer