PDA

View Full Version : Tension headaches

willmott89
06-08-13, 19:14
Hi, does anyone else have this.
After a week or so of being really anxious and panick attacks it calms down, I feel less anxious and my body feels calm.
But then I start to get tension headaches(I think) and I find it hard to do work. I was wondering if this a sign of all the anxiousness i have had for 2 weeks and all my muscles are over tense, but then start to loosen, causing tension.
Would be glad to hear replies

lonelyguy
07-08-13, 15:29
Hello dude,

I'm suffering from tension headaches too, almost 24/7. My pdoc gave me some valium to relax the muscles and indeed it did help but it makes me so sleepy i feel like a zombie. Your doc may prescribe you amitriptyline before trying the valium, that's what mine did, but it didn't do any shit for me.
However next time i see my doc i will ask for strong painkillers like vicodin and i will let you know how it goes.

Down_Lo
08-08-13, 11:16
Hi mate,

Im the same, i posted back to someone who had asked a similar question the other day.

Feeling bit nautius/dizzy sometimes with subtle headache at the back of my head that comes and goes the past few weeks. I would go see your GP and explain see if you can get something to relax you at night. I'm getting the spasms which wakes me as im about to nod off, horrible feeling.

Let us know how you get on.

Leem
08-08-13, 12:40
I had this for about 5 weeks a while back (mentioned on here). The good news is that It does go and is purely one of those annoying anxiety based symptoms

bagpuss75
08-08-13, 17:06
I used to have tension headaches, every Friday without fail. It was the result of a very demanding job and being so tired by Friday and so stressed out that it used to come out in a tension headache.
I had a course of acupuncture and haven't had them since. I was a little sceptical, but I'm very into natural remedies, and wanted to give it at least a chance - it worked.

TheScript
09-08-13, 10:42
I have tension headaches all the time, but i have a great remedy for it. When i have a tension headache, i take a hot shower or a warm bath. Preferably with something like aloe vera/coconut oil etc. in the bath to help relax the muscles even more. The warm water relaxes the muscles and gives relief from tension headaches quickly.

This works wonders for me so it might work for you too.

Down_Lo
12-08-13, 18:36
Noticed that when i start to get anxious and my heart starts pounding the back of my head gets it as well now.

Went to the barbers on Saturday and got an intense wave of panic as soon as i sat down with the barber, my head started banging as well. Just kept my eyes down and started to work on my breathing and trying to relax.

Felt like getting up and running out.