PDA

View Full Version : Chronic sleep deprivation - can I recover without it?

Squiggle
07-08-13, 13:26
Hi,
I understand that sleep's important but I just wonder how much. I get panic attacks only when driving. I've had CBT but actually found I got much worse as I was paying more attention to the way I felt and now have to deal with anxiety on the shortest journey and can no longer drive to work. I have a 2 year old child who wakes up about five times a night every night. I haven't had a full night's sleep since October 2011. I also work full-time so in good periods I might manage to make it to work, or close enough, but I just go to bits at 5.30 and can't get home. I see no prospect of sleep for a few months yet and am resigned to that. I had great results with Claire Weekes a few months ago but I'm not doing well at the moment. I had two hours sleep last night (mostly due to worry about a very unsuccessful trip home and the prospect of a huge setback) and left the car at home today, asking my husband to get petrol as I don't want the pressure of having to get to the petrol station tomorrow. What's worrying me I suppose is whether or not I'm making things worse by not trying because I'm too tired. I really am exhausted, shaky, heart-pounding, nauseous. Is it ok to take a break until I'm feeling better or am I avoiding the issue and do I just have to get on with it? Dr. Weekes says to never start avoiding again but I don't feel I have the energy.
Thanks for reading this.

aggiecuttler
07-08-13, 17:18
i feel for you not being able to get any sleep, unfortunatley the less sleep we get oftain results in us being my anxious and panicy and generally down, have you no family nearby who can give you a night off, why is your little one waking, the main thing seems to be to try and resolve your little one waking up, so lets see if we can conquer this as it would help you no end blessings