PDA

View Full Version : CAD or PD

willmott89
07-08-13, 18:06
Hi, can someone explain the difference between panic disorder and coronary heart disease for me please.
I am a 24 year old male and have been having panic attacks for over a year now and they seem to be getting worse and it scares me to think it may actually be my heart.

ankietyjoe
07-08-13, 18:47
Hi, can someone explain the difference between panic disorder and coronary heart disease for me please.
I am a 24 year old male and have been having panic attacks for over a year now and they seem to be getting worse and it scares me to think it may actually be my heart.

The GP is the best person to tell you that.

I can tell you that the symptoms are potentially identical though. Don't let that scare you however, at 24 it's monumentally unlikely that it's anything serious.

I've had chest pains since I was about 13 (not anxiety related) and then much worse (anxiety related) for the last 5 years or so. These include stabs, aches, shakes, sweats, dizziness, chest pressure, hollow chest feeling and nausea.

I'm now 41 and have just had blood tests, BP and ECG done and there's nothing wrong.

Pondering what it might be will make it worse.

willmott89
07-08-13, 21:55
Thanks for that, GP it is then!
I just worry alot having children to care for too.
We are all in the same boat I think and its scary.
Thanks for the reply