PDA

View Full Version : Hi ! Unsure

me2andthankyou
08-08-13, 09:39
Hello. I have recently been struggling with anxiety attacks and almost Obsessive thinking where I obsess over every little detail of what is bothering me.
I have had problems with my teeth for many years so when the dentist told me that I had to have a tooth out and the rest of my teeth out asap and dentures made I instantly started to freak out about infection within my teeth, gums, jaw bone and so on and so on.
I have since had one tooth out and my husband says that i am almost paranoid about the socket and I check it regularly rinsing it out regularly.
I have found that while I am struggling with that is fueling my panic I wake up in the mornings and i have that impending feeling of doom and worry which is very hard to get through to start my day and get the boys off to school without upsetting them or letting on that I am stressing out again. This behaviour I am describing can last a few hours or weeks. before all this started I was a very positive person who supported others where as I am flat out dealing with this now. I have seen the dr and have been placed on 50mg tablets once a day.
I am between 35yrs and 40 yrs. I have a supportive husband who only can take so much too. Two beautiful boys 12 and 10 years old.

aggiecuttler
08-08-13, 09:59
so sorry to hear about your difficulties, how long have you been on the meds, they can take time to have a kick in effect, if you find you are not getting any better i would recommend going back to the dr, it may take a bit of trial and error to get the right one, sorry about the teeth issues, there is nothing wrong with keeping your teeth clean hopefully the meds will takeaway some of the ocd and straighten you out blessings

me2andthankyou
08-08-13, 21:55
hi I have been on the tablets for just over a month. I think that I am going to see if I can see a councilor or some one simular to see if they can help. I was awake on and off from 12 this morning after I had gone to bed at 10pm and I had to talk myself through my feelings each time but was actually able to get back to sleep this time so hopefully I am on the right track.