PDA

View Full Version : Leukaemia - Cuts Under Nails?

lb76696
08-08-13, 09:59
Even though I had a blood test for Leukaemia in June/July, I am still getting bruises on my legs regularly. I am now getting cuts under my nails as well. Both my thumb nails have little cuts under, does it sound like Leukaemia?

Thank You .
xxx

*Fallen Angel*
08-08-13, 11:32
I quite often get the splinter like cuts under my nails, usually if I've knocked them or something. In fact I get them without even knowing if I've bashed them or not.

joelhall
08-08-13, 13:22
Not without laukaemia cells in the blood no.

purgatory
08-08-13, 13:34
Hi I get splinter hemorrhages all the time and while they maybe indicative of some medical conditions, they are mainly harmless and I would say at some stages in life everyone will get them.

I have one at the moment but before now I have had loads at the same time.
And they are caused by trauma to the nail bed. And that can be as simple as typing at a computer keyboard.

That is only a answer to part of your question I know but hope it helps a little

lofwyr
08-08-13, 14:09
If you came up clear in a test a month ago, you are clear. Try to find some reassurance there. I know it is hard, but you are fine.

I knew someone with leukemia, and there was a LOT more going on than bruises, in fact, she didnt have any bruises at all. And she was VERY sick, so you sound absolutely fine to me.

lb76696
15-08-13, 10:49
Ok to add to this and the increase in leg bruising, I now have an insane Petechiae rash all over the bottoms of both my legs and my feet. When I went to the Doctor's about this before it was just sporadic Petechiae and the odd bruise or two. I got my Blood Tezt Results back on the 4th July and everything was fine. Would it be possible that I could've developed Leukaemia now? If I had a Blood Test now would it show something because it's worse or not?

Thank You .
xxx

lb76696
15-08-13, 15:51
Ok well the rash has spread to all over both of my feet today. Seriously considering leaving Holiday early. If I have low Platelets I'm worried about Brain hemarages as well. Would I just literally drop without notice or not?

KeeKee
15-08-13, 15:56
Your on holiday? Could this not be a reaction to the water over there?
I had a petechie looking rash on my legs and feet when I was last in Spain and it was MAD itchy.
As for the bruising, some people just bruise easily. I do especially on my legs even when I itch them I bruise.