PDA

View Full Version : 09:55, can't sleep, afraid heart might stop

Freaked
08-08-13, 10:18
Every time I was half-asleep last night, my heart started going slowly and my pulse disappeared from my wrist. Then I woke myself up with adrenaline rush and my pulse came back. Went to hospital crying and begging earlier cos I've been having such a bad time. They just ran some tests, gave me a xanax and booted me out.

This is horrible. I'm so tired but I'm afraid to close my eyes. I have anxiety, blood pressure and heart rate probs (been told the condition is non-fatal, but having a hard time believing them) and am in xanax withdrawal. I worry about how much my body can take. Every time I close my eyes, my heart just pauses :shrug:

Nutshel
08-08-13, 10:36
When we close our eyes that's the time for the mind & body going on rest mode so that could be 1 reason for slow pulse I'm sure if your doc gave u all clear then it shouldn't be any probs but if u can't still take out of ur mind ask him for some cbt.

CharlieM
08-08-13, 10:50
Sorry to hear you are still struggling Freaked. My heart anxiety is back with a vengeance. I am really trying not to check my pulse as it just fuels the anxiety. I even sit on my hands! Lol.

Try and get into a comfortable sleeping position with your hands well away from each other.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Freaked
08-08-13, 14:52
Thanks for the replies. I did wonder about that, Nutshel. I'm not normally feeling my pulse as I fall asleep so maybe it happens all the time. I can't see how just relaxing should make my heart stop...but it's a terrifying thought. Still haven't slept :-/