PDA

View Full Version : boobs again!

**whenwillthisend**
18-10-06, 15:09
hi there...could anyone help me on this one, this month i have been very concerned over getting/having breast cancer....so much so i have been constantley checking myself loads everyday-to the point where i now dont know if areas i think are lumpy are normal for me or not....i think i can feel lumpy bits-went to g.p she felt the lumpy areas i was concerned about and said it was the areas betwwen my ribs i was feeling and that she couldnt feel anything!............i came home still unhappy the worrywart i am so i have made an appouintment with the well woman nurse next week-for some proper advice on what im feeling.........please does anyone else have normal lumpy bits when you press on your boobs or is it meant to be smooth with no lumpy bumpy bits.............im so upset and confused my partner says my boobs have always felt like they do........but im not sure now, they could have always been like this, i dont know-its making me insane all this checking
thanks for reading xxx

leanne1980
18-10-06, 15:14
hiya

when im due on i get very lumpy boobs, mainly across the tops and then after my period they go soft, very bizarre. i think u would know if there was a prominent lump.

take care
leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

momo
18-10-06, 15:30
Yeah, lumpyness is normal! We've got all those glands and stuff in there, like leanne said, you would know if there was an abnormal/new lump!

Mo x

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn......

nomorepanic
18-10-06, 15:38
When I had my mammogram I also got a full breast examination and he said my right breast was very lumpy.

He told me NOT to WORRY as this didn't mean anything serious ATALL and the lumps were definitely not cancerous. I just have one breast lumpier than the other.

I also talked to a woman here who had breast cancer and had to have one removed and she told me that one breast may contain more fat that the other and it is that fat that the doctor could feel. This ties in with the fact that I am overweight anyway!

Hope this helps.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

**whenwillthisend**
18-10-06, 16:07
thanks everyone....i feel a bit better now-but knowing me i probably wont be happy till i know for definate....im such a silly worrier-i should beleive what the g.p said i know but hopefully seeing the nurse next week will put my mind at rest and i can check once a month...........then go on to worry about another area of my body-the joys of anxiety!!!!

honeybee3939
18-10-06, 19:10
Hi,

I have been to the doctors a couple of times also about one lumpy boob, im over weight, he did tell me that my boobs are like a bunch of grapes you never get 2 the same, they are also worse when its my periods ! ohhhhhhhhh to be a MAN !!!!...lol

Love

Andrea
xxxx

yorkylover
18-10-06, 23:01
Hi, Leanne is right ,near my period to I get really lumpy boobies and then when my periods gone my boobies go all soft again.But in between my period I can feel the glands and that like momo said we have glands and alsorts in our boobs.[:I]
take care

Ellen XX

anxious
19-10-06, 09:33
Hiya,

this is my main anxiety at the moment as well, drives me insane. My gp says they are not marshmellows:D and are full of lumpy bits anyways.
Everyone tells me a worrying lump would be obvious and you wouldn't need to 'go looking' for it. You sound like you prod and poke as bad as me.
anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

expecto patronum
19-10-06, 12:23
they are made of fatty tissue which is naturally lumpy. I made the same mistake a few years ago and went to the doctors. I think the key is to remeber to just lightly run your hands over , as u would still feel an abnormal lump that way.

pinkpenny1uk
19-10-06, 23:03
hi,

this is my biggest worry at the moment. i have convinced myself i have breast cancer. i have podded and poked so much it has made me sore.
i have now got my partner to do the checking for me. he says my breasts feel like they always have.
i have managed to get down to being checked twice a month now which is good because not so long ago i was checking every day.

wishing u well
p x

JennyW
20-10-06, 11:56
there is no need to check twice a month. It should be done a few days after your period once everything has settled down.

I have lumpy breasts, particularly around the outsides and got myself into a state last year worrying and ended up having a mammogram at 38! Anyway had a good check up too and I'm absolutely fine. The consultant said "if" you find a lump, wait for your next period to come and go and then check to see if the lump is still there. If it is then come back but it's just normally hormonal changes. I asked if I should now have a mammogram each year and he said no and wouldn't expect to see me again until I was 50.