PDA

View Full Version : Hard skin on leg worried about skin cancer :(

Jj8
08-08-13, 12:05
Hi there
For the past three months I have been worrying about skin cancer so much so it's making me feel like I don't want to go outside, meant to be going on holiday in 3 weeks and I don't think I'm going to be able to cope :/ I can't exactly escape from the sun all the time and I'm gutted because I love having a tan.

I've gone from worrying about a mole on my neck which has been checked by my dr and is now fine I just picked it and it scanned up but it's healed now to worrying about a small reddy brown hard skin mark on my leg, my dr hasn't seen it and I've had it for about a year, it's about 4mm hard and brown I did have an ingrown hair there that I picked out ages ago and now I'm left with this hard skin, anyone have any ideas of what it could be, I really don't want to google but can't get this worry out of my head x

Annie0904
08-08-13, 12:31
Ask your doctor to look at it as he is the only one who can really put your mind at rest. getting out in the sun is good for you and provides you with vitamin D. You just need to be sensible and stay out of really strong sun and use a sun cream.

Jj8
08-08-13, 12:39
Does it sound like it could be cancer :/

venusbluejeans
08-08-13, 12:40
No it doesn't sound like cancer