PDA

View Full Version : how many people smoke?does it worry you ?

illgetthere
08-08-13, 12:22
i got so many worrys at the moment my mind is flickering back and forth to all 4 of them heart worrys ovarian cancer lung cancer and smoking so i wanted to ask if you smoke and does it worry you and fuek your anxiety?

Evey1986
08-08-13, 12:27
It did, I used to smoke 20 a day but have up 3 months ago and now occasionally use my electric cig but feel alot better for it, my diet didn't help I was tired all the time so craving the crap food chocolate etc I was pumping coffee into me like no tomorrow, and drinking loads of fizzy drinks I am not 100% yet but making a few simple changes helped, me ha is dying so I figured stopping something that contributes to death (smoking) would help and it did, but nicotine does contribute to anxiety to, hope this helps :)

illgetthere
08-08-13, 12:36
thank-you for re-plying to me i cut of te pictures on the packets i hate the smell the taste everything i hate but yet still find it hard to stop it makes me so sad :(

meche
08-08-13, 12:41
I don't smoke and never have. It's something that never interested me. I never understood why people would want to inhale smoke into their lungs - crazy. It's nothing personal but I run a mile when I see people lighting up. I don't want to breathe in the smoke and I hate the smell. My partners mum and sister both smoke and they cough like crazy. It doesn't sound healthy and it would worry me but that is their personal choice. It's not my place to tell them what they can & can't do. xx

Evey1986
08-08-13, 12:49
That's why I gave up because I started to hate doing it this electric cig has been a god send and I even cut down on that now smoking doesn't really bother me, I think if it makes u feel that why like I did try the electric cig (10 motives) and see how you go, it's a hard habit to break and I shocked myself but health wise I feel great for it :)

arfasc
08-08-13, 13:30
I was very anxious about smoking, was giving me a lot of health anxiety.
Really a lot.
I gave up 8 months ago and I am smoking electronic cigarette.
With low nicotine.
I still have the habit and it would be better to stop, but still better than the cigarettes.

healhtwise I think I am similar, but I think I am doing less damage now..

spacebunnyx
08-08-13, 15:32
I only ever smoked socially 10-15 years ago... never actually bought my own packet of cigarettes and never smoked when not in the pub. I get anxious when I think about that.. there's no way I could smoke now - the worry would tip me over the edge I think!

xxx

Stormsky
08-08-13, 16:35
I've smoked since I was 14 , never given up.. So 32 yrs now. I don't drink, and I wish I actually wanted to give up smoking,but I don't, so that's my choice I guess. I only smoke 10 a day, not that that makes it better, but it's best I can do.
I don't really worry , but I've never had any ill effects yet.