PDA

View Full Version : Clenching feeling in chest??

KeeKee
08-08-13, 19:38
I know this is a symptom of anxiety, but I was just sitting in the cafe eating my tea when I got this clenching feeling in the left of my chest and also in me left boob. It really scared me and I felt a panic attack coming but because I was with my dad I pretending nothing was happening and didn't end up having a panic attack. I have googled it (whoops!) and it doesn't seem to be an indicator of anything sinister and is common-ish in anxiety sufferers however I wasn't anxious today (have been feeling really insecure though relationship wise) and it just happened all of a sudden. Anyone have this? I haven't had a panic attack since April or early May not even the beginnings of 1.
My partner is at work until 9 too which makes me even more uneasy.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Can anyone help ease my mind? I'm going to take a propranolol when I eventually get the courage to het off the toilet hehe I've been on for 20 minutes :blush:

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Ok so I've come downstairs and feel a little calmer. Sorry for rambling on! I did get tension in both boobs a few month ago when I was worried about breast cancer so maybe it's something to do with the tension I had then? Plus I've been poorly Sunday throughout Tuesday so my body is probably stop recovering. Im still so nervous though.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Feeling a little better now, wow Propranalol is a life saver. Wasted the last 2 hours of my life googling various possibilities of clenching etc and obviously pulse taking :doh:

I have a few other feard (endometriosis) so think I may schedule 1 last doc appointment and bite this in the bum! Strange as Monday was my 2nd CBT appointment and my HA is back with a bang today!!

fruity
08-08-13, 20:45
hope your ok now. you will be ok

skippy66
08-08-13, 20:52
Sounds to me like a muscle spasm though I'm not a doctor.

I was talking to a friend the other day and he mentioned chest pains he'd had in the past - I said I'd had them too, lots of times in the past 10 years. Nearly every episode is different and they can be extremely scary 'in the moment'. The fact is that most chest pain is caused by something which isn't serious although Google begs to differ.

KeeKee
08-08-13, 20:55
Thanks guys I do feel better now. My partner should be in from work within 30 minutes too so I'll feel a lot more at ease. Skippy it didn't actually hurt was just a shock as I wasn't expecting it due to stuffing my face :blush:
And I totally agree, when you are in the moment they can cause huge amounts of anxiety!

CharlieM
08-08-13, 20:58
KeeKee,

Glad you are feeling better. Any chest symptoms cause me real panic. I am feeling 'not right' at the moment. No actual pain in my chest, just an odd feeling. It really preys on the mind though.

Take care.

KeeKee
08-08-13, 22:44
Just been reading past posts of people who have had similar and also heart pain posts (just to be nosey) and they all seem to agree that an ECG would pick up any problems with the heart. Is this true? I had an Ecg in March and all was fine but now and again I keep thinking 'what if something was missed' as you do ;-)

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

CharlieM thanks I know how you feel about the discomfort that isn't actually pain. I know you have been having extra difficulty lately and I sincerely hope you find light at the end of the tunnel. Although I'm sure you will. I have suffered depression for almost 6 years and whilst I cannot say health anxiety is worse, it certainly is more debilitating.