PDA

View Full Version : Trying a natural sinus remedy

Munchlet
08-08-13, 18:29
Just wanted to post as I've been having sinus issues on and off for years and fed up with using the usual sprays and anti-histamines so I'm going to try something completely natural.

It's called sinusoothe and it contains all natural ingredients such as manuka, tea tree, frankinsence all apparently natural healers and anti inflammatories.

I've read mixed reviews some people hailing it as a miracle cure that has ended years of constant sinus infections/ pressure/headaches, some saying it didn't help.

So wondered if anyone had heard of it or had any experience of it?

Will be sure to let you know if it helps/works as I know quite a few of us on here suffer from sinus issues.

I'm hoping it does, a few years ago I found a natural product for treating water infections and have to say that since then I've remained practically UTI free as I just take it at the first sign of infection and it clears it up, I'm hoping this natural product will do the same for my sinus issues!

greenlady
28-09-13, 17:33
did it work?been having sinus probs and looking for advice.
cheers
gina

mummyanxious
28-09-13, 18:05
Be interested to know too x

Munchlet
28-09-13, 22:00
Hi

Well it's hard to say, I was having sinus headaches at the front of my head and very dry bleeding sinuses. The first time I used it literally within minutes the headache went because it really does just clear your sinuses instantly.

Unfortunately it didn't cure the irritated and dry sinuses but in terms of clearing congestion and that pressure at the front I would say it works.

I think if you are a sinus suffer who has mainly congestion and pressure it would be well worth a shot. I tend to have issues with inflamed dry sinuses and i suppose the ingredients in this, all be it natural don't cure that side of it.

Amazingly enough since we've started having rain I've not had a problem so mine was/is obviously due to dry weather.

But I had a cold a few weeks ago and used the sinusoothe and it really cleared and opened up my nasal passages so it's handy to have it for that.

So if you have problems with congestion, blocked nose, trouble breathing through your nose and pressure I would recommend it. If it's dry/irritated sinuses I don't think this would help.

Hope that helps xxx

Pcdaft
28-09-13, 22:15
Hi I can't say anything about your sinus problem but would love to hear w hat you take for youU.T.I infection as I get recurrent ones xx

Munchlet
29-09-13, 10:52
Hi Pcdaft

I take something called D Mannose by Waterfall for UTI.

If you google it you will find a lot of information about it and it will list stockists in your area.

I used to be miserable with constant cystitis and UTI's which antibiotics were failing to clear properly and this stuff has really worked for me.

It's not cheap but then neither were the constant prescriptions I was having for antibiotics!

Anyway you take it at the first sign of infection it tastes a bit like icing sugar so I tend to put it in tea or very weak fruit juice and apparently it works because the bacteria attach to the D Mannose and then as you pee you are actually flushing them out of your body. You can also take it if you are in the midst of a full blown infection it just recommends you take it every few hours to start with and then start reducing it as you feel better.

You can also take a spoonful a day as a preventative which I did for a while but now I hardly ever have to take it, only take it very infrequently when I feel like I might be getting a touch of cystitis and I usually only need to take 1 or 2 spoons and it goes.

So I personally can't recommend it enough but have a read about it on line, there's a lot of information about it.

Take care x

RVP
29-09-13, 11:03
not sure if this is a sinus remedy, but for something else rather, it helps me though when I have a headache or my sinus playing up.
Boil water then put it into some sort of container (not too big) then add a couple of scoops of vix into it and mix it.
I like to put a towel over my head so no hotness can escape and just breathe in through your nose for about 15 minutes, or until you feel it isnt doing anything, breathe through your nose unless you want a numb throat.