PDA

View Full Version : Bank card!

Em.ma
08-08-13, 18:53
Hi I've left my bank card in my overall on my peg at work.
However I'm paranoid it feel out somewere at work maybe :(
I'm panicking to see if its their in the morning

gypcyg
08-08-13, 18:56
Can't you cancel it? A new one would arrive by Monday - can't you go back to work to get it?

Em.ma
08-08-13, 18:58
No, no buses their. 25 miles away to. And no car. If its not their tomorrow. Can cancel it but am so paranoid,In my head its in the pocket in the locker room but I can't shake the thought something happened to it!

gypcyg
08-08-13, 19:05
I've never tried it but can't you phone your bank and ask them not to accept any transactions on the card until tomorrow? Or phone them at 8ish and ask if anyone has tried to use it. I'm sure everything will be ok though - it's probably exactly where you think it is.

Em.ma
08-08-13, 20:46
Tried to phone couldn't get through :(
All I can do is cancel it tomorrow if its not their :(
Annoyed.com lol...

shakey1961
08-08-13, 21:48
Try and calm down.

If it's in work on your peg, are the pegs open to the general public? Probably not - so one less things that could possibly happen.

How many people do you work with? If it's not many then it's unlikely it's going to go missing.

How many people are at "work" overnight?

Who knows your card is in your pocket? Only you and what's the chance of someone going through all the pockets of all the coats there? Small I'd say cos they would be suspicious if they did that and someone caught them.

Is the "peg" area covered by CCTV? If so then any person going through pockets is going to be caught on cam.

The majority of people are honest - you just hear horror stories on TV.

Try and calm down.

In the end, you can cancel your card in the morning. I should think though that the lost card department would be staffed 24/7 so I'd keep trying.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Oh, and see if you can cancel it online and make sure you have the correct number that you are calling - look that up on the internet.

shakey1961
12-08-13, 18:05
How did you get on with the bank card? Was it there the next day?

Em.ma
12-08-13, 18:12
Hiya,
Yes it was.
Sorry I thought I had posted that allrewdybthat haha
All was well In the end :)