PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get pain when they press spots on their head?

anxious_thoughts
08-08-13, 20:18
I've had brain tumour anxiety most of my life as I've had head pains along with other symptoms for 10 years. I've also notice that when I press on spots on the top of my head, especially, I get pain. I'm so worried its intracranial pressure due to a brain tumour.

Anyone get this?

Stormsky
08-08-13, 20:34
I had awful pain down one side of my head earlier, lasted few seconds only..
I don't have HA ,so don't read into it.

Annie0904
08-08-13, 20:38
Yes I get pain when I press the top of my head. You have sinus there and they can get painful.

nomorepanic
08-08-13, 20:51
Jenn - are you getting the sinus MRI done as you are still posting every day saying you have a brain tumour and you need to get this scan done to be honest.

anxious_thoughts
08-08-13, 21:10
Yes I get pain when I press the top of my head. You have sinus there and they can get painful.

Thanks for replying :)
I've had the pain there for many years though, I've only recently started getting sinus symptoms like a stuffy nose, etc. so I'm not sure if its apart of that. Even when I press the sides I get pain, and in the lower back part

Annie0904
08-08-13, 21:25
If you have had the pain there for many years I doubt it would be serious. I have pain there for years and I am sure it is sinus related. It can usually be relieved by putting a hot microwavable wheat bag on my head. If you are constantly pressing it though you will only make the pain worse.

Munchlet
08-08-13, 21:27
Hi Jenn

I have to agree with Nicola I think the only way you are going to feel reassured about this is to have the scan.

I know it's scary but I think it's the only way you are going to be able to put this fear to rest.

Make the appt and have it done, I'm sure it will be fine :yesyes:

Welshlou
08-08-13, 21:31
I get pain in different spots on my head. I too was obsessing about a brain tumour - I have done this twice.

It all started about 4 years ago when I came off my mountain bike and banged my head, which gave me whiplash and a herniated cervical disk. However, I started getting headaches and weird sensations in my head, including the spots of pain you are describing. My consultant told me it was due to my accident, but I just couldn't take his word for it. Eventually, I convinced him to give me a brain MRI, which all came back normal. Again, 6 months ago I was doing heavy weights at the gym and reinjured my disk. Again, I had headaches, pain spots and convinced my consultant to give me another brain MRI, which again came back normal.

The only way you will put your mind at rest is to get an MRI. Go to the Doc, tell them you are getting head pains and you want a test to rule out anything sinister. Don't just keep asking Dr Google for advice, because he knows absolutely nothing about you and cannot tell you anything useful or meaningful (apart from how to really bolster your HA!).

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Rich.