PDA

View Full Version : Tolerant?

ScheifferB
08-08-13, 20:48
Hi there, last year I did a 7 month cycle of Citalopram but came off them as I felt I was doing better, I didn't last too long as my moods and behavior plummeted again and I was back on them 3 months ago, but again I came off them without the doctors advice feeling I could manage without them

I'm feeling pretty annoyed with myself for not just listening to the doctor and sticking it out and trying to be mature about it. So I'm going to have an appointment with my GP and see what he thinks, I'm just wondering.. I was originally on 10mg of citalopram, is there any chance I could become tolerant if I go on them again? We did previously talk about a higher dosage.

Thanks,

Scheif.

keithwms
08-08-13, 21:56
It may well be that you will be somewhat less responsive this time 'round, but since you only went to 10mg, you have plenty of latitude to go higher. And you could also consider escitalopram.

Try not to worry until you have something to worry about! :doh:

ScheifferB
09-08-13, 17:30
It may well be that you will be somewhat less responsive this time 'round, but since you only went to 10mg, you have plenty of latitude to go higher. And you could also consider escitalopram.

Try not to worry until you have something to worry about! :doh:

Yes, I believe my mum used Escitalopram and she swears by it! prefers it to Citalopram, she finds the side effects are a little less. Is this something I could bring up with my doctor?

martin222
10-08-13, 12:41
you need to get on cit and just stick with it,

keithwms
10-08-13, 15:45
Yes, I believe my mum used Escitalopram and she swears by it! prefers it to Citalopram, she finds the side effects are a little less. Is this something I could bring up with my doctor?

Absolutely. And most docs need to have things brought to them in this way, or else they'll just go with whatever their limited experience suggests. We have to do our own research and be proactive.

ScheifferB
10-08-13, 18:55
Absolutely. And most docs need to have things brought to them in this way, or else they'll just go with whatever their limited experience suggests. We have to do our own research and be proactive.

Thanks a lot Keith!