PDA

View Full Version : Keep letting my friends down!

bellesmummy
09-08-13, 09:00
I have two young children and i make arrangement to meet with friends with kids and it gets to the morning of meeting and i feel so nervous and anxious that i cancel!
I have told my friends about my anxiety and they say they understand but i just feel so bad everytime i let them down! I feel bad for my kids missing out on seeing their friends to!
I was suppose to meet a friend this morning and i was awake on and off all night worrying about it so cancelled the meet and felt better but now i'm just beating myself up about it!
Why do i feel anxious about the simplist of things!
Is anyone else like this?

gregcool
09-08-13, 09:36
Bell.Im in the same boat as you.i plan sosial visits ,but when it gets close to the day i start to feel very anxious about it and fear the event.i feel ill have nothing to say and ill get bored and want to leave.so i dont go in the end.its so sad because i want to go but dont have the confidence to stay long and talk..my heart goes out to you

jayjoe18
09-08-13, 14:33
I used to be the same with my friends from school, agreeing to plans because I felt bad saying no but then I felt even worse when I had to cancel. I'm now agoraphobic but still cancel most family events, it's horrible as you do want to go but the anxiety is too much to handle. How long has this been going on for you? Have you spoken to your doctor about it? It really is best to seek help sooner rather than later as it does get worse and worse to the point of where I am now, I can't leave the house at all anymore!

bellesmummy
10-08-13, 09:11
I've had anxiety for about a year now. The letting my friends down has been getting worse for a few months now.
I've been to Dr and have tried 2 different ADs. Have had hypnothetrapy and am doing CBT ATM.
I am currently trying to come off my ADs (Mirtazapine) as i feel they aren't doing anything. Have been feeling quite anxious for a few days, hoping it's just a side effect from reducing dosage! See how i am once i'm off them completely!