PDA

View Full Version : symptoms of vit d deficiency? and update

Ccat
09-08-13, 12:57
Hiya everyone

Please has anyone had a vitamin D deficiency?- could you tell me some of the symptoms you had? dr is testing my vit D and B 12 cos of symptoms-

MY same old problem of numbness/tingling in left hand fingers and weird feelings and shakiness in left arm still going on- I am so fed up of it .
I feel tired and anxious too- and seem to get achy very easily.

I am on sertraline - and have increased dose from 50-100mg- this can have side effects- such as numbness -even shakiness -

I have a terrible fear of stuff like MS- I did have a MRI scan bout 6 months ago - co of one sided headaches- and my arm- and it was normal- I do think my arm has got worse- but then i think its got worse since i started tablets.

Am so confused! Have had nerve test- normal- and thyroid in range ( though- everytime i look up my symptoms- it seems to suggest hypothyroidism.

please can anyone help? many thanks , Ccat xxx:shrug:

arfasc
09-08-13, 12:58
I just did the blood tests and I had vitamin D deficiency.
No idea about the symptoms to be honest.
I have many caused by anxiety, don't know if vit. D could affect as well

Ccat
09-08-13, 16:09
thanks arfasc. - i think perhaps some believe it can contribute to anxiety? x
are you taking supplements of it now?

:hugs:

Ccat
09-08-13, 21:37
Has anyone else had this? sorry to ask again- am so very anxious today- i had a panic attack at 3am this morning :wacko: xxx

princesszelda
09-08-13, 22:06
I had D deficiency. I tested at a 6 to give you an idea of how low it was. Anyway, the biggest symptom for me was that I was holding onto weight like crazy. I started taking it last year and I dropped 50 pounds (along with the help of healthy eating and working out).

I too have MS fears...twitching, tingling, etc. *hugs* PM me if you have any questions.

Evey1986
09-08-13, 22:28
Hi there I also have vitamin d efficiency the most common symptom for me was tiredness that's all I am aware of :)

Anxious_gal
09-08-13, 23:13
I had a calcium deficiency which was odd because I live off cheese and green veg :)

I was diagnosed after ending up in hospital with a fast irregular hear beat (not dangerous) but they had to check me over.

Then my folic acid levels were too low, I get sooo many crazy symptoms that it's hard to tell what causes what.

But even being slightly low in a vitamin can give you odd symptoms, so it's best to eat healthy and every so often take a course of vitamins to build up your system,

arfasc
09-08-13, 23:16
No idea if it increase anxiety?
I just had the results via phone and the gp told me to take supplement, but didn't tell me about symptoms.
I will ask next visit

Ccat
10-08-13, 00:22
Ah - thank you princesszelda- that is very interesting- i have been struggling with my weight too (for a long while- and despite making an effort to eat healthily) -Gosh- you have lost a lot chick.

Sorry you have those fears too-its horrible isn't it? have you noticed any improvement with those symptoms with the vi d? Do you think you are at optimum level yet?:hugs:

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Hi there I also have vitamin d efficiency the most common symptom for me was tiredness that's all I am aware of :)

Thanks Evey- yes i have had a lot of tiredness as well- have you been supplememting-? are you feeling any better? :hugs:

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

I had a calcium deficiency which was odd because I live off cheese and green veg :)

I was diagnosed after ending up in hospital with a fast irregular hear beat (not dangerous) but they had to check me over.

Then my folic acid levels were too low, I get sooo many crazy symptoms that it's hard to tell what causes what.

But even being slightly low in a vitamin can give you odd symptoms, so it's best to eat healthy and every so often take a course of vitamins to build up your system,

Thanks anxiousgirl- heck- yes it does show what big effects you can get from deficiencies - thank you - hope you are feeling better now :hugs:

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

No idea if it increase anxiety?
I just had the results via phone and the gp told me to take supplement, but didn't tell me about symptoms.
I will ask next visit

Thanks arfasc - well - maybe when you get to optimum level you feel better with your anxiety? i hope so :hugs:

Daisy Sue
10-08-13, 01:14
I had an untraceable reading on my Vitamin D last year.. so I was given 15 tiny D tablets to take immediately, and again 3 months later. I've not had it re-tested yet, but I'm hoping it's come up by now!

I wasn't aware of any symptoms related, as I didn't even know my Vit D was low, let alone non-existent, but looking back and finding out a few facts, I think my hair was affected... I used to see loads of hair in the bath after washing it, to the point where I wouldn't even look how much there was, as it upset me. Since taking the Vit D tablets, this has improved quite a lot.

I think most deficiences have some similar symptoms, such as tiredness & tingling.. I know I get these when my B12 injection is due.

Ccat
10-08-13, 01:19
Gosh Daisy Sue - I hope it has come up too.

Ah- I have felt my hair was thinner at the front! Its funny a lot of symptoms that pointed to thyroid - seem to be coming up for vit D

thank you for you r help x:hugs:

Daisy Sue
10-08-13, 01:27
You're welcome :) I hope you get yours sorted out too! You'll probably have been told about getting as much sunshine as you can - I've heard that many people in the UK are short of Vitamin D due to the lack of sunny days - so try to get outside as much as you can while we're having this nice weather.

farley1109
10-08-13, 16:13
Hi I was tested for vit d and It was very low!.. I was tired a lot of the time, headaches and quite a few other symptoms but wasn't sure which was anxiety n which was vit d!.. :/ but mines back up above the guidelines now :)

Ccat
10-08-13, 21:07
Thanks Chandy- glad youre in range now- yes that's the trouble isn't it- it is hard to know what is from anxiety and what's not. Also as i'm on sertraline i get confused as to what might be side-effects from that too xxx :hugs: