PDA

View Full Version : exposure really really works

gregcool
09-08-13, 12:57
Iv been exposing myself daily to high glass lifts in my shoping center and at the start it was hard and high anxiety.but after doing it all week,I can get in them easy right to the high top and look down all the way up.and when im at the top,get out and lean over the glass barier and look down with no fear at all.i caan then go onto the top car pRk and walk around and lean over and look down,with no panic at all..i couldnt do this at the begining of the week without getting out at the next stop and panic over the hight and that the lift may get stuck..so now i do it on my own with no one eles in the lift and have no fear or panic...it all started by me doing small stops at the time and building up to the top then on my own....id had enough of being beeten by my agaraphobia fears..and decided to start faacing them head on and staying with it even when panic sets in...i lost an opotunity for a job recently because of this fear of hights and that made me want to beat them...we can all fight fear with strength and conviction...

Col
09-08-13, 13:00
Well done you Greg. It's a hard road but just proves things do get better it just takes a lot of time and huge amounts of courage.

X

Annie0904
09-08-13, 13:02
Well done Greg and I agree this does work, it is how I got to go out places again. I couldn't go to the supermarket at one point but just started by going to the car park and sitting in the car for a while then gradually getting into the shop. I can now do a big shop on my own.
I am impressed and inspired by how much you are achieving and how much more positive you are now. :yesyes:

Magic
09-08-13, 14:26
Well done Greg. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

bab
09-08-13, 14:58
:) I am impressed!! And a bit jealous

Tufty
09-08-13, 15:07
Well done Greg, :yesyes: repeated exposure is the way to overcome our phobias and fears. It sounds like you're doing really well and have come a long way, you should be proud of yourself it takes hard work and guts to face your fears x

AuntieMoosie
09-08-13, 21:45
That's great to hear Greg :)

Yes exposure does work. I've been doing it for some time now and I know that it's helping me, your confidence will grow more and more each time you do it.

Well done and keep going :)

clio51
09-08-13, 23:50
Greg

well done last time it was tunnels this time heights!! Your going in the right direction.
Just think a few months ago you couldn't sleep,you've come on leaps and bounds!

NE21 worrier
10-08-13, 00:01
Congratulations, Greg! :yesyes: Great to hear of how much progress you are making by facing your fears and not being cowed by them.

Peter

gregcool
10-08-13, 11:04
Thanks guys..i will continue to fight and grow confidence and keep posting.....see what i can do next

Kim51
10-08-13, 13:27
Well done Greg before you know it the old Greg will be back to fight another day and get back into the real world you certainly have inspired me. :)

gregcool
10-08-13, 14:05
Ahh i hope so Kim.thats the deam,to get the old me back..just need a job and somewhere to live , then ill have a good fighting chance.do you have any tasks you are going to try after being inspired by me ?