PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

Dreink77
09-08-13, 19:49
Hello everyone. I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dawn and I just recently started suffering from health anxiety.

I have had anxiety issues for probably the past 10-12 years. My symptoms change over time they started out as social anxiety, heart palps. sweaty palms etc. Shopping and standing in long lines at the store, I would put everything down and leave the store because I couldn't take it. My doctor put me on daily meds. Then shorty there after added Zanex, for as needed.

Then it changed to what I think was just plan anxiety, coming on for no reason same symptoms as before heart palps. sweaty palms and feeling like fainting.
It really wasn't all that bad coming and going maybe once a week if that it was under control! And I was fine with that. Then the meds would give me side effects. And I would have to change meds, or my insurance would cover a different kind cuz it would be cheaper.

Anyways sorry kinda long.........Now about 2 months or so ago it changed. Health anxiety! Honestly I think it's the worst kind I've had yet! I google everything! I hate it! The daily meds I am on now just are not working, I take a Zanex probably at least every other day sometimes 2 times a day. I got pregnant in Dec and had a misscarriage, I got off the pills but couldn't take it so I had to get back on them and since them it's seems its gotten worse (that's when the health anxiety started. I want to get pregnant again but it scares me to get off my meds, I am ready to have children And don't want to me on anything when I am that is the ideal way.

So now here I am going back to the doctor again next tues. I have concerns about twitching in my leg, cramping when I lay down. My be a blood clot. Of course may not be, I'm sure my doc thinks I'm crazy I was just there 2 months ago. I was wondering if anyone has tried Bach flowers? I have some on the way here ordered it last night.
Thanks for listening I hope this site helps me and I get to know a lot of you. :D

moonspirit
09-08-13, 20:05
Hi Laura

Welcome to the group, im sure you will find lots of support in here. I use rescue remedy a lot but i know there is different ones for different things, hope thy help
xx

Annie0904
09-08-13, 20:06
Hi :welcome: I use Bach rescue remedy.

Dreink77
09-08-13, 20:09
Oh good I'm glad you guys have tried it! I hope it helps....me. So nice to met you guys. Thanks for the nice warm welcome!