PDA

View Full Version : tingling tongue - really scared

louise0501
09-08-13, 22:24
Hi everyone, i have a tingling sensation in the tip of my tongue and im really worried. I also have a sore throat so could it be linked to that? Could it be tongue cancer? Has anyone experienced this?

Please reply

love louise xxx

JCRyanDenton
09-08-13, 22:49
Had similar symptoms a few days ago...they rarely occur now.

If you are worried about it being tongue cancer, check your tongue, i read it usually has ugly looking sores if so.

Anxious_gal
09-08-13, 23:08
This happens me too, can be caused by a few harmless things.
Migraines,
jaw tension as your nerve in your jaw gets compressed it can cause numbness and tingling around the face and in the mouth,
Low B vitamins or other vitamins, might be good to take a multivitamin every so often,

Numbness and tingling is caused by nerves, so the nerves are either irritated, or you are breathing too fast, migraines cause all sorts of weird symptoms, sometimes nerves just get a little weird causing numbness, hot sensations, wet/cold sensations,

Also since you have a sore throat it might just be the skin on your tongue is irritated,

Gargling Dispin mixed with water is amazing for taking away the soreness and inflammation in your throat, it's even good to apply to a sore pimple, it shrinks the pimple and calms it down, I guess it does the same for your throat. It can slightly burn your skin too so don't gargle for too long.

Warm salt water will help draw out the infection, honey and warm water they say also kills bacteria and aids healing.