PDA

View Full Version : When i feel my heart with my hand, some beats feel harder than others

JCRyanDenton
10-08-13, 12:35
This is the only thing thats really worrying me right now. But some heart beats when i feel them with my hand feel harder than the average one. Does anyone else experience this?

Liziik
10-08-13, 13:33
I had something similar but I didn't need to feel with my hand to feel the beat that was harder. I would feel it in my neck like a thud, I visited the doctor who told me it was an ectopic heart beat something completely normal and that everyone has atleast 1 ectopic heart beat a day but doesn't realise only people concentrating on their heartbeat such as people with health anxiety would notice :) another reason for this is actually the beat is no harder then the normal beats you have but your mind is telling you they are your hand is not going to be a good judge of how hard the beat is otherwise doctors would use this technique wouldn't they. Remember your mind is a powerful thing :) Have you been to a doctor? Maybe you should go just to put your mind at rest? :)

JCRyanDenton
10-08-13, 13:52
I had something similar but I didn't need to feel with my hand to feel the beat that was harder. I would feel it in my neck like a thud, I visited the doctor who told me it was an ectopic heart beat something completely normal and that everyone has atleast 1 ectopic heart beat a day but doesn't realise only people concentrating on their heartbeat such as people with health anxiety would notice :) another reason for this is actually the beat is no harder then the normal beats you have but your mind is telling you they are your hand is not going to be a good judge of how hard the beat is otherwise doctors would use this technique wouldn't they. Remember your mind is a powerful thing :) Have you been to a doctor? Maybe you should go just to put your mind at rest? :)

I have, had a quick ECG, found no abnormalities just that it was beating fast at the time.

Liziik
10-08-13, 14:02
Well it's of reassurance that the ECG was normal isnt it :) what makes you put your hand on your chest to feel your heart beat? Is it to search for any abnormality? I used to get crippling pain in my stomach but when my mind was distracted I wouldn't get it only when I was thinking or searching for the pain would I feel it. How long has this been going on for?

JCRyanDenton
10-08-13, 14:19
Well it's of reassurance that the ECG was normal isnt it :) what makes you put your hand on your chest to feel your heart beat? Is it to search for any abnormality? I used to get crippling pain in my stomach but when my mind was distracted I wouldn't get it only when I was thinking or searching for the pain would I feel it. How long has this been going on for?

For a couple weeks, had some really bad anxiety while at school and it lasted for a while. Died down a bit then came back pretty bad. I have been checked out now and they have found nothing. Calmer right now but still feel like i am on the edge of going back into it.