PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea is worrying me now

countrygirl
10-08-13, 13:31
Started Thursday teatime with loss of appetite and I thought some sort of stomach bug or something I ate.
I thought I was a little better yesterday as I didn't go as much and had less abdominal ache but 4am this morning I woke up feeling very sick with bad pains and diarrhea once again. I have been on and off loo all morning.
I am going to Drs MOnday with a sample to test for food poisoning but in the meantime I am panicking like mad that its sign of bowel cancer.
I had a clear colonoscopy 5 yrs ago and a clear sigmoidoscopy 2 months ago. I have never ever had any polyps on either exam.
Common sense tells me that its almost certainly not a sign of bowel cancer but I know that if I do not improve in next few weeks Dr will send me for another colonoscopy and I am terrified of having to have another one.
My lovely husband says that I have been getting worse and worse ha wise in the past few months and I have to agree with him.
I just wanted to be able to tell people who understand my fears and worries:weep:

nomorepanic
10-08-13, 13:43
I don't think they will send you for a colonoscopy if you had one just 2 months ago.

It sounds more like a bug to me and should really pass over the weekend.

countrygirl
10-08-13, 16:34
I had a sigmoidoscopy 2 months ago that was clear the colonoscopy was 5 yrs ago. The good thing was that neither 5 yrs ago or 2 months ago did they find even one polyp and I was told it takes 10 years for a polyp to turn cancerous.

nomorepanic
10-08-13, 16:37
Well they diagnosed my Crohn's and then later diverticular disease from a sigmoidoscopy so if they found nothing I am sure it means that this is just a bug of some kind.

countrygirl
11-08-13, 20:23
Still not right. I thought I was getting better today as I started eating yesterday and not as many loo trips but dreadful wind pain all the time. Today poo more normal but this evening really bad wind and trips to loo once again.
I will be in touch with Dr tomorrow and get a sample off but its really freaking me as its lasting so long.

i love tea
11-08-13, 20:44
Please try not to worry - a few years ago I had a stomach virus that lasted 3 weeks. It was extremely unpleasant but was just a virus - no tests or treatment needed. I'm not saying yours will last 3 weeks but it hasn't really been that long so I don't think you have anything to worry about x

countrygirl
11-08-13, 21:48
thanks for that. The logical part of my brain knows that these things can take ages to clear up but the ha part panics and wants me to be right straight away.
I will still get a sample tested just to be totally sure I have not got any food poisoning.