PDA

View Full Version : concentration problems, finding words, memory issues

mbu
10-08-13, 14:14
Hey guys,

I've been suffering for health concerns ever since I was a child, in the last years anxiety and fears have gotten even worse.
For the past few days I've been experiencing concentration problems, sometimes I cannot find the right words when speaking (or say words different than I wanted to say) and also sometimes it happens that I don't remember exactly for example what I did yesterday.

Has anyone experienced something similar with anxiety? Should I be worried about this?

Thanks

maltahypo
10-08-13, 15:53
I have definately especially when I am really worried.

Magic
10-08-13, 17:36
I too have this problem. I think anxiety has a lot to do with it. It's a real problem and embarrassment too. Many a time I have switched on the laptop to look something up and when I have switched it on I have forgotten what I wanted to look for.
I do silly things too. My 5year old G/daughter put me to rights the other night.
I warmed some milk up. I told her to let it cool because it was a bit hot.
Granny-she said -just put some cold milk to it :unsure:Last Sunday I said to her-come on I will help you to have a bath before 7pm as I want to watch Emmerdale(I know I am a sado) on TV It's on at half past. No it wasn't. not funny though.
One of these days I am going to forget something very important.

Raidenshred
10-08-13, 17:40
Those sound like some of the symptoms of depression, which tends to go with anxiety.

mbu
10-08-13, 23:59
Thank you guys for all your answers. It's reassuring to know people are going through the same things. @Magic, what you described is very familiar to me, I have very similar stories :-).
Also, depression does go well together with anxiety - I am very familiar with this.

imissnotworrying
12-08-13, 06:00
I've experienced everything you're describing, I also sometimes trip over my words (say them in the wrong order in a sentence) or my sentence comes out as complete gibberish, or I speak a combination of two words haha. I was scared when it first started happening, but it really is stress/anxiety, don't worry! :) x

xvolatileheart
12-08-13, 06:41
Oh yes, this happens to me and the more I worry about it, the worse it gets! When I stop worrying about it, it gets better.

mbu
12-08-13, 09:31
I've experienced everything you're describing, I also sometimes trip over my words (say them in the wrong order in a sentence) or my sentence comes out as complete gibberish, or I speak a combination of two words haha. I was scared when it first started happening, but it really is stress/anxiety, don't worry! :) x

That's exactly my case! I start talking thinking of what I'm going to say and then mix words or get them in the wrong order. I was really freaked out, then I started Googling for this which freaked me out even more.

If my worry goes away (rarely) it does get better.

This is a long shot - but do you guys have any tips on how to cope with this kind of anxiety and worry? How to stop it or at least reduce it?
It's really messing up my life and my wife can't even stand me anymore when I worry so much.

ankietyjoe
12-08-13, 09:53
Oh I get this a lot too.

I find it hard to concentrate on anything at all, and if I'm reading a book I'll often find myself reading the same line a dozen times as my brain spectacularly fails to take it in.

And memory? Bah!

Magic
12-08-13, 15:57
Same here Ankietjoe, I have all the same problems all have mentioned.
I tend to do the most silliest things too.
I went a walk to the village this morning which is a very rare thing as I don't want to talk to anyone. There is one shop I sneak in-just down an entry around a corner.
Anyway I had to turn back after ten minuets as I had my slippers under my arm.
My husband just shakes his head:wacko:
mbu. I have no advice. Sorry, I could do with some advice myself:hugs:

AuntieMoosie
12-08-13, 19:06
I have these same issues too.

I'm forever forgetting things, putting things in the wrong places. Sometimes I completely forget what I'm talking about in mid conversation, I get words in sentences the wrong way round which means that I come out with the most weird and wonderful things :wacko:

Sometimes when typing on here, I go brain dead for a minute or two and forget what I'm supposed to be typing!!!

I really don't know the cause of it all, it could be the medication we're on, or the anxiety or depression, I really just don't know.

But it's nice to know that I'm not on my own with this one :)

anxious_thoughts
12-08-13, 22:03
Yes, I also get this too!
I'm not sure if its anxiety, but I really scares me :(

mbu
27-08-13, 19:59
Do you guys also get like hand weakness or like a slight tremor? Like dropping things really easily or being more clumsy than usual.