PDA

View Full Version : Side effects after stopping for 4 days??

KeeKee
10-08-13, 20:31
I stopped my tablets for 4 days due to sickness and diarrhea and started taking them again on Thursday. Thursday night I went to bed at 10.50pm and did not get to sleep until at least 4am. I am also experiences paresthesia AGAIN!
Can side effects come and go or could this be because I had a 4 day break?

AuntieMoosie
10-08-13, 20:38
Yes I would think that what you're experiencing is due to the 4 day break that you've had.

Why did you stop taking them?? When I've had a tummy bug, I've just kept on taking mine as even if you loose a little bit of the drug, your body will still get some of it which is better than none :)

It's never a good idea to just stop taking antidepressants cold turkey like that hun. If ever you're in doubt again, have a chat with your doctor and see what they say, but I wouldn't advise ever just stopping them without medical advice.

Hopefully things will settle down again very soon and you will start to feel better hun :)

KeeKee
10-08-13, 20:41
Hi,
thanks for your advice, I stopped them as I was unwell and was wretching at the thought of putting anything in my mouth. I could probably of managed if they were sugar coated or even capsules like my Prozac used to be. These though taste horrible when I take them :-)