PDA

View Full Version : First time

ellie
05-10-03, 14:37
Hi my name is ellie and this is my first time on this sight. I am suffering from anxiety and panic at the moment and have let myself become virtually housebound.

I have suffered panic attacks in the past and managed to free myself using self-help books but this time I feel i am too agitated to help myself and have enlisted the help of my doctor who has prescribed Citalopram to try to calm the ever present anxiety tremble I am feeling.

I feel this sight will bring me hope and good advice and i can hopfully I can share any knowledge i have gained with other users.

Cheers
Ellie

Meg
05-10-03, 22:11
Hi Ellie,

Welcome to the site and sharing your issues

You've freed yourself before and you can do it again. You know this - but it will take some perserverence.

Use your time on Citalopram well to make changes and learn coping skills so when you do come off it you'll be a stronger person.

We're all rooting for you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
06-10-03, 13:17
Hi Ellie

It was good to see you in the Chat room last night - I hope it helped you to talk to others.

Like Radar said, you can do this again (as I said last night, I am trying to as well). Sometimes the thing that worked before stops working - e.g. the self-help books and then you do need to move on to other things.

Have you ever tried CBT or hypnotherapy. I also heard that acupuncture is good for panic too - though I haven't tried that yet!

Hope to chat again soon

Nicola

clairelouise
09-10-03, 18:52
Hi my name is claire and this is my first time on this site.It is so nice to know that Iam not alone!I suffer panic attacks and GAD.I hate being alone,being in crowds,driving(sometimes)and especially queuing the list is endless!!.I look for the nearest exit everytime I go into a public place.
I hope to share my thoughts and feelings with others on this site coz my friends and family although they are as supportive as they can be,do not understand because they havent experienced the things that I have.
Thanx,
claire

nomorepanic
09-10-03, 19:46
Welcome aboard Claire.

You will find so much help and support here and I hope you take the time to read some of the info on the Web Site as well.

A lot of panickers don't like queueing - we like to be able to escape easily and my biggest problem has to be driving!

Hope to hear more from you.

Nicola